Full Stack Engineer
We're looking for someone who has a passion for technology, who gets a kick out of collaborating across the business to build products and features that our customers love.
Our current team has backgrounds in various programming languages. What is common is a hunger to learn new technology. Our tech stack is predominantly Python, so we expect you to learn Python. However, just like the technology we use, we are a company that is evolving constantly, and we expect you evolve and learn with us.
In this role you will...
- build robust backend services as part of our event-driven architecture
- collaborate in autonomous squads to deliver high impact features that our customers love
- lead best practices ensuring appropriate testing and great software engineering
- contribute, both in ideas and execution, to the ongoing evolution of the platform architecture
- guiding and mentoring other members of the team, sharing knowledge and challenging appropriately…
- refine the skills and techniques necessary to take the next step in your career, whether that’s leading a team, architecting complex systems or just being the best developer you can be
Our tech stack is Python (Flask + SQLAlchemy + Celery) on the backend along with a smattering of Go, with Redis, DynamoDB, MySQL and S3 for data storage.
The platform is comprised of resilient and scalable applications and services powered by AWS with a mixture of Elastic Beanstalk, AWS Lambda, CloudFormation and EC2 Container Service (introducing Kubernetes with EKS).
We have a propensity to ship early and often, so we push multiple deployments live per day through our CI/CD pipelines using Codeship.
Extra credit if you...
- wrangle ES6 and frameworks like React, Vue.js and Angular like a pro
- have experience taming build tools like Webpack and Gulp
- feel queasy at the thought of working without proper CI/CD
- give back to Open-Source as a maintainer or contributor
What we’re offering
- competitive salary
- 23 days of holiday (+1 for each year of employment up until 27 days in total)
- very lucrative share awards package
- pension scheme
- flexible working hours (start 7-10 am, finish 4-7 pm)
- work from home up to 2 days per week
- bike to work scheme & childcare vouchers
- a £2,500 budget to buy whatever development kit you need
- a personal development budget for training, conferences, books, etc.
- regular internal hackdays, after-work activities and team events
- dog-friendly office & free dog food for your dog, 50% for family and friends
- regular social activities, cinema trips, pub quizzes, ten-pin bowling etc.
- fully stocked kitchen - free breakfast, coffee, tea, fruit & snacks
- based in Richmond-upon-Thames, multiple transport links; only 10 mins from Clapham Junction, 20 mins from Waterloo