Group Financial Accountant
Reporting to the Group FC in Brighton, this role will sit alongside the European, NA & APAC controllers for the company. Primarily dealing with accounting, tax and treasury at a Group level the candidate will be hugely exposed to the CFO and Senior Management of the business, staying close to all of the progressing issues as Brandwatch continues its exciting journey. This is an opportunity for a keen and driven individual to advance their experience in a rare UK Headquartered Group which offers access to career defining experiences over the coming years.
- Group cashflow modelling and forecasting
- Management of access and controls around banking platforms
- Intragroup funding requests
- Month end process coordination across the group, including review of key balance sheet reconciliations and documentation of key controls.
- Accounts preparation for group companies, under UK GAAP, US GAAP and IFRS as appropriate for overseas subsidiaries
- Preparation of UK tax returns, and calculation of Deferred Tax balances
- Maintenance of Intercompany Transfer Pricing documentation, and record keeping for transactions and benchmarking searches.
- Group accounting policy documentation and reviews, along with other policy management (T&E, mobility etc).
- Technical accounting support around M&A activity, including documentation of the transaction steps for newly acquired businesses, calculation of intangibles and documentation supporting their valuations.
- Support in valuation of option schemes, and other correspondence with external agencies and HMRC.
- External reporting to satisfy investors, vendors, banks and other agencies as required.
In addition to the above key responsibilities, Brandwatch is in a very exciting and dynamic period where other major projects will continue to arise. These are highly unpredictable but likely to include the integration of additional business units and supporting an IFRS conversion project.
The ideal candidate must be fully qualified (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) preferably from a practice background, and have some experience of working in a fast paced environment. You must be a confident and effective communicator at all levels and ideally have some experience in a multi-entity multinational environment.
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office
- Exposure to a fast paced business, ideally from the technology / SaaS sector
- Internationally recognised Accountancy Qualification
- Experience of US GAAP, UK GAAP and IFRS essential
What we offer;
Benefits: We offer a range of benefits including; bike to work scheme, pension contribution and discounted gym memberships.
Culture: Brandwatch is a place where the lines between work and fun are blurred. As a growing international company, with 6 offices across the globe, communication is key to ensure everyone’s voices are heard, and helps us maintain our flat structure. We listen and learn. We develop our staff. We care about everything, and above all we support each other.
Working for Brandwatch: Brandwatch Brighton is where it all began. We can be found in the vibrant North Laines in our contemporary offices. Whilst we don’t believe in stereotypes, we do host yoga classes and Juice Mondays. We have cupboards bursting with snacks, a well stocked drinks fridge, sushi lunches, flexible working spaces, weekly massages and if you’re lucky we’ll even treat you to an ice-cream on the beach.
To all recruitment agencies: Brandwatch does NOT accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Brandwatch employees. Brandwatch is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.