Field Service Manager (Smoke Control Ventilation)
A Field Service Manager is required to join a large multinational company who have been operating for over 80 years and have an employee base of over 900 people. The Company turnover is in excess of £150M and they plan on being the world leader in environment control. They require a Field Service Manager to support and guide over 60 Service Engineers and Sub Contractors who will be carrying out the service and maintenance of smoke control and ventilation systems within a number of different sites such as car parks, large residential buildings, shopping centres, warehouses and prisons.
The Field Service Manager will initially be working within the regions of the UK to build rapport with Engineers and learn the specific products so travel throughout the UK will be required with overnight stays around 2/3 times a week for the first 6 months, once established the role won't require as much travel and will be based on the demand of the business needs. The successful candidate will not be required to attend the office on a regular basis as you will predominantly be working from home travelling to engineers across the UK, however attending the office will be needed from time to time but this can generally be factored in when meeting engineers within that region, this means that the Service Manager can be based anywhere within the UK.
The Service Manager will ideally have experience working for a Smoke Control or Ventilation company but candidates from a Service Management background within an Electrical / Mechanical environment will be considered.
Field Service Manager Position Requirements
- Experience managing a team of Service Engineers
- Advantageous to have experience within the Smoke Control / Ventilation industry
- Experience within the Electrical / Mechanical field is a must
- 17th / 18th edition highly desired
- Must be happy to travel within the UK regularly
- Willing to commit to 2/3 nights away within the first 6 months to build those relationships and product knowledge
- Advantageous to have a gold card or SSSTS / SMSTS, IPATH / PASMA
Field Service Manager Position Remuneration
- Salary up to £50K Depending on experience
- 25 days' holiday + bank holidays
- Vehicle, phone, laptop, IPad
We, Bennett and Game Recruitment, a technical recruitment agency based in Chichester are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Join us on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn - Search Bennett and Game Recruitment.