Purchasing Manager

Recruiter
Utilita Energy
Location
Eastleigh
Posted
17 Mar 2019
Closes
31 Mar 2019
Sector
Retail
Contract Type
Permanent
Hours
Full Time
About Us

Utilita Energy is Britain’s leading supplier of smart pre-pay energy, installing every customer with market-leading smart metering equipment.

Utilita Energy Ltd is currently recruiting for Smart Metering Engineers to join their customer focused business in a field-based role. This is an exciting opportunity for anyone looking to become part of a fast-growing and innovative company, where the customer is at the forefront of their delivery.

What You'll Be Doing

Managing the Purchasing function and activity of Utilita and developing purchasing strategies to meet budgetary and other operational requirements of the company.

It’s expected that this role will spend 65% of their time managing the team, developing process and act as a point of escalation to resolve conflicts with suppliers and leading contract negotiations. The remaining 35% will be as a senior buyer.

Key Accountabilities:

* Develop and integrate clear procurement strategy and policy that meets the requirements for the purchasing of goods and services dependant on the type of contract or business identified requirement.

* Creating effective working procedures

* Recognising and developing procurement strategies for future business contracts (various: including formal, short form, and annual contracts)

* Drafting, Evaluation, Negotiation and Execution of

* Non Disclosure Agreements,

* Sales / Purchasing Agreements, Sub-contracts, Consulting Agreements, Licensing Agreements, Master Agreements, Standard Utilita terms and conditions

* Distribution Agreements (resellers, agents, joint marketing etc.)

* Commercial and Public Contracting

* On all standard and nonstandard contracts, provide redlined recommendations and often negotiate directly with customer attorneys or purchasing staff until consensus has been reached

* Work with the business to ensure adherence to broader commercial risk and risk requirements such as pricing and discounting policies.

* Devising Utilita Performance targets for category suppliers and ensuring metric KPI system integration throughout the procurement strategy

* Coordinating and Providing performance reports and feedback to all parties including external supply chain and business outlook.

* Supporting and managing integration projects

* Coaching, supporting and developing local supply chain teams (where applicable).

What We're Looking For

Essential Requirements:

* CIPS qualified (Level 5/6)

* Management experience

* Experience in Supply Chain including experience of contract negotiations and procurement recognition

* Strong interpersonal skills for managing internal and external interfaces including, managing change, presenting skills (delivering to supplier and senior management), negotiation and Financial Business understanding.

* Strong commercial awareness

Desirable requirements:

* Degree/diploma in relevant field/subject

* Energy Industry experience

Similar jobs

Similar jobs