Principal Civil Design Engineer
Are you a Civil Design Engineer looking to take the next step in your career?
A very exciting opportunity is available for a Principal Civil Design Engineer to join a large, multi-disciplinary company in their office in Chelmsford, Essex.
You will join an experienced and growing design team and be involved in all stages of the design process for civil infrastructure projects related to residential, commercial and transportation. You will also manage design and projects in this role, while providing support and guidance to more junior engineers.
This is also a client facing role and so excellent communication skills are required. You will liaise with a variety of clients to ensure projects are delivered to their specifications and to a high standard. This is essential in representing the company and building client relationships.
- Lead the delivery of infrastructure design.
- Directly manage and deliver the technical, financial and management requirements of development related infrastructure projects (including planning, control and monitoring from feasibility through to detailed design phase and construction support).
- Provision of technical direction and sign off, including assurance processes such as design reviews.
- Preparation and management of project budgets & programmes.
- Provide a client focused service which results in on-going satisfaction and repeat business.
- Build effective relationships within teams, across the organisation and externally.
- Provide leadership to a small team with line manager responsibilities.
- Produce project reports for client and internal reporting requirements.
- Undertake and support work-winning initiatives.
- Contribute to developing the company's business including technical skills development.
- CEng or equivalent experience and qualifications required and ideally MEng as well.
- Several years experience in a similar role.
- Excellent knowledge of design software such as Civil 3D and Microdrainage.
- Experience in a client facing role.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to produce the design of highways, access roads and infrastructure of development projects including the design of road geometry, public realm, earthworks, pavements, drainage and underground services.
- Experience in UK development related infrastructure engineering; likely to be from a private/consultancy background.
- Ideally to have experience in the preparation of contract drawings and specifications and the negotiation of Section 38 and 278 Agreements for highway works, 104 and 106 Agreements for sewers and also utilities works experience.
- A practical and current awareness of technological developments in the design process would be highly beneficial.
- Negotiate with and influence third parties.
- A bias towards highway design skills would be of benefit for this position.
The company are offering a competitive salary as well as a long list of benefits. These include:
- 25 days' annual leave
- Company pension scheme.
- Private medical insurance.
- Life assurance.
- One paid annual professional institution membership fee
- A range of flexible benefits as well.
This is a fantastic opportunity to take the next step in your career and join a exciting company with brilliant projects and opportunities for progression. The location is ideal for anyone wanting to avoid the London commute.
If suitable, please send me your CV in Word format.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.