As Financial Accountant you will provide financial support to the Head of Financial Reporting and the CFO. You will work collaboratively with the Finance Team and manage two members of staff in an open, encouraging and supportive manner.
This Independent Government Organisation (Public Sector and Government) is based in London. They promote a positive working culture, including personal development programmes and flexible working. They have good progression structures in place and a third of their recruitment is done internally, promoting from within. All employees have frequent contact with Senior members of staff, including the CEO.
The environment is sociable and welcoming.
As Financial Accountant your responsibilities will include:
- Leading on the preparation of the statutory financial accounts, including the co-ordination of tasks within the team
- Submission of consolidation returns and liaison with the associated Central Government department
- Helping to improve financial awareness across the organisation by building relationships and acting as a Subject Matter Expert
- Management of two members of the finance team, including undertaking performance reviews and co-ordinating and managing their workloads as appropriate
- Monthly reconciliation of income and producing a monthly balance sheet
- Maintaining the fixed asset register, including accounting for additions, disposals and depreciation and adjusting fixed asset values to reflect current cost
- Ad hoc project work, including playing a key role in an upcoming system transformation
- Opportunity to act as a business partner with one of the key directorates, including holding budget meetings with the directors
You will work autonomously, managing your own performance and holding yourself accountable for meeting individual, team and corporate objectives.
The client is looking for a fully qualified accountant who is confident, personable and proactive. You must also have:
- Superb communication skills and a proven ability to build and maintain professional relationships
- The ability to make effective decisions in a timely manner
- Strong technical skills, including Microsoft Excel
- Adaptability and pro-activity
- A problem-solving attitude and the ability to prioritise effectively
- Knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Experience of preparing UK Annual Financial Accounts (If you are from an Audit background, exposure to preparing accounts is preferred but not essential)
Management experience is desirable but not essential.
An excellent package including £45,000-£48,000, plus competitive pension contribution and annual leave
Great working environment, including flexible working. They would consider candidates looking for part-time or full-time work.
(Financial Accountant - Public Sector and Government - London)