Robert Half are proud to be working exclusively with a globally recognised property & facilities organisation who are seeking an Accounting Analyst to work on-site at one of their clients offices in Chelmsford.
To provide a financial controlling role to the Global Property Services department of a prestigious Client.
The Client's growing portfolio of Global offices requires continual development with regards to the integration of Facilities Management (FM) and real estate processes and standards. To this end, it is important to ensure that key operational and financial data are captured and maintained in a proactive manner across the entire Property Services portfolio including budgetary control and governance, costs planning and performance.
The role will interface with key stakeholders, contractors and suppliers to provide financial control and ensure the adoption and adherence to agreed reporting standards and processes. The role will also be responsible for the monitoring, controlling, challenging and reporting on the department's Global Facilities budget.
1. Manage annual allocation and budget co-ordination: Manage expense allocation and budget numbers in line with the agreed process. Provide variance analysis and challenge any expenditure where necessary. Control and demonstrate detailed financial knowledge of all global offices. Own the process for timely production of all Property Service related financial matters/reporting and interface in conjunction with the Financial Expense's team. Ensure correct entry on Finance systems to time and quality.
2. Purchase order processing. Contract Management: Ensure purchase orders are created and approved by budget holders for all property service invoices. Monitor the Accounts Payable cycle to ensure the Client's payment obligations are adhered. Update budget trackers. Liaise with Purchase Ledger re payments, resolve queries both internally and with suppliers.
3. Accruals and Commentary processing: Processing of accruals and commentary across all cost centers to ensure accurate and timely submission in line with Client's Finance timetable. The role will recommend efficiencies, costs and the operational savings for Property Services
4. Management and overview of operational processes and procedures; Ensure the deployment of agreed best practice and financial processes for the UK and overseas offices. Provide information and support all ad hoc projects relating to Property Services and ensure that the Head of Property Services has access to all information and reporting processes.
Qualities and Personal Attributes:
- Strong accounting/finance and FP&A skills
- Expertise in MS Excel (maintaining models and using advanced formulae)
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interface at all levels with a wide range of stakeholders
- Strong numerical and analytical skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Exposure to the production of timely management information.
- Confidentiality in handling sensitive financial information.
- Proactive self-motivator with ability to work on own initiative, but also as a strong team player.
- Tenacious but amiable.
- An individual who strives for continuous improvement.
Salary & Benefits
The role of Accounting Analyst will be £35,000 to £40,000 dependent on experience. If you are a studying accountant a study package is available and excellent company benefits
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice