IT Technician / Management Information Assistant - Graduate
Job Title: IT Operations / Management Information Assistant
Location: Nelson, Lancashire
Salary: £19,320 - £22,212 per annum
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Closing Date: Friday 5th April, 2019
The Company, a well-established Lancashire Building Society, pride themselves on doing what's right for their members and mortgage intermediaries and are constantly evolving their thinking around their customer voice to deliver a fantastic service and product range.
The Company is not afraid to be innovative and analytical in their approach, so you'll be encouraged to share ideas and empowered to try new things. If you like challenging work and a friendly, flexible working environment with lots of opportunities for personal and professional development in both marketing and wider within financial services, you'll be right at home.
The Company has been supporting their members with their savings and mortgages since 1860. They share a mutual goal with their members to help create those special moments in life.
Their people define their brand they we are committed to their core values:
- Make a lasting impression
- Passionate about people
- Proud of The Company's past and excited by their future
- Working together
- Delivering on promises
So if you'd like to be part of the team that helps to shape, drive and deliver the Company future then get in touch!
What are they looking for?
This role is ideal for a recent graduate or if you're finishing your studies this year. They're looking for an enthusiastic and proactive analyst to help them raise the voice of the customer by developing management information that supports the promotion of the Company and their service to customers and mortgage intermediaries.
You will be responsible for:
- Producing reports and data extracts on request from end users, utilising excel to ensure user requirements are met within set timescales
- Various areas will have MI requirements and post holder will need to produce reports on customer insights data for inclusion in board papers and other reports
- Ensure that the Data / Customer database is interrogated using SQL scripts and CXAIR so that the information can be easily interpreted
- Process IT jobs required for the efficient operation of the IT department such as password re-sets, telephone support, technical queries and general IT admin
- Provide first line support on any IT related issues that may arise and projects as required to ensure delivery of milestones
Required Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Degree level education or equivalent / relevant work experience
- MS Office skills (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint) with advanced Excel spreadsheet abilities
- Good communication skills with the ability to form good relations with staff to deal with any Issues on a day to day basis
- Highly numerate with an ability to analyse data and produce easy to understand reports
- Ability to organise a varied workload and prioritise tasks to meet agreed deadlines
- Experience of working in a busy office environment
- Ability to multi task and prioritise a varied workload to pro-actively resolve IT issues
- Proven track record of working with data, whether through university or work experience
On completion of the three month probation period every employee is eligible for the following benefits:
- Additional remuneration linked to organisational performance
- The role involves an occasional Saturday morning rota at a time and a half
- You will start on 23 days holiday which increase after your first year to 25 up to 28 days (plus bank holidays)
- Contributory pension scheme
- Simply health level 1 cash plan
- Employee assistance programme
- Free onsite parking
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV & Cover Letter for this role.
Please note that CV's without a covering letter will not be considered
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Management Information Support, Reporting Assistant, MI Support, MI Analyst, Operational Reporting, Junior MI, Reporting Analyst, 1st Line Technical Support IT Technician, IT Support Engineer, IT Service Engineer, IT Service Desk Technician, IT Support Technician, 1st Line Support Engineer, 1st Line Support Technician, Technical Support, IT Support, IT Systems Support will also be considered for this role.