Class Teacher with Teaching & Learning Responsibility in Maths (TLR2)
with Teaching and Learning Responsibility in Maths (TLR2)
Ark Castledown Primary Academy
Are you an experienced or aspiring middle leader looking for an exciting opportunity to make a difference? Do you want to join a fast growing organisation with excellent opportunities for development and professional growth?
Ark Castledown Primary Academy is a warm and friendly school serving a fantastic community. We are looking to recruit a passionate and energetic class teacher, who will also join our leadership team with a Teaching and Learning Responsibility in Maths. You will play a pivotal role in a committed team and make a real impact on the outcomes of our pupils. As a teacher at Ark Castledown you will be responsible for delivering outstanding teaching and learning to all pupils, helping them to achieve the best academic results they can.
The successful candidate will be a highly committed team player, with a true passion for Mathematics and an understanding of the strategies required to motivate and inspire pupils. They will be key in promoting the subject throughout the school and the wider school community.
We are looking for someone who understands the value of high-quality assessment and uses this to drive planning and progress. The successful candidate will engage with a bespoke package of professional development opportunities including engaging in the Maths Mastery training programme, monitoring from the Regional Maths Lead and NPQML or NPQSL professional accreditation.
The post-holder will have a class teaching responsibility along with non-contact time for PPA and management responsibilities. The successful candidate will also receive a TLR2 in addition to their basic salary.
The successful candidate will:
- be an excellent classroom practitioner
- have experience of, or shown the potential for, leadership
- care passionately about children, their development and achievements
- be hard working and adaptable to change
- have vision, passion, commitment, flair and imagination
- be able to lead and develop strong and effective staff teams
- contribute to school wide tracking processes so that every pupil makes at least good progress
Ark Castledown Primary Academy is a popular school in the heart of Hastings. It is part of the Ark network of schools and works particularly closely with Ark Blacklands and Ark Little Ridge Primary Academies. As Hastings has recently been recognised as an ‘Opportunity Area’, the academy will be pivotal in ensuring our children get the best start in life, no matter what their background.
We strongly encourage you to visit the academy to meet us and find out more about this post. Please contact Mrs. C. Phillip on 01424 444046 or via email to arrange a visit.
The leadership team at Castledown and across the Hastings Primaries are approachable and always on hand to provide help where needed, we have ensured there is a collaborative infrastructure throughout the school and this instils a strong sense of team spirit.
As a leader at Ark Castledown, you will be part of Ark, an international charity and one of the UK's most successful multi-academy trusts, with a network of 37 schools in 4 locations across the country.
We work hard to recognise hard work
- We strive to recognise your achievements and celebrate your success.
- You will have access to health packages, discounts at major retailers, travel loans and other benefits, through the Ark Rewards scheme.
- We take CPD seriously, which is why we offer twice as many training days as standard.
- We provide an array of development programmes for our staff, including our middle and senior leader programmes, supplying you with the training and support you need to progress throughout your career.
Click here to find out more about the benefits of working for Ark Castledown Primary Academy.
Visit our website, www.arkcastledown.org for more information about our school.
To apply, please visit our website via the button below.
The deadline for applications is 10am on Monday 1st April 2019.
Ark is committed to safeguarding children; successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.