Salary: £50,673 - £55,875
Start Date: September 2019
An exciting opportunity for a motivated and inspirational Deputy Headteacher to join the Leadership team at a large three form entry Ofsted rated ‘Good’ School (February 2017).
Your new role:
- You will work alongside experienced and new teams, who will be on hand to support and guide you with resources and planning
- Some teaching commitments but you will have dedicated release time
- You will be part of a large team in managing, leading and developing the school to attain high standards of pupil progress and achievement for all
- The post-holder will provide guidance and support to other members of staff
- You will support and develop assessment to enable consistency and identify gaps within children’s learning across all years
- The Deputy Headteacher will encourage positive behaviour and promote the school’s vision
Our mission is to “transform life chances”; at The Thinking Schools Academy Trust - we believe education has the power to change lives and children only have one chance to get this right. To ensure all our academies focus on our mission school leaders translated our mission to core values that would be demonstrated and evident in all our Academies:
Child First, Aspire, Challenge, Achieve
What you will need to succeed:
- QTS and recent experience of working within a Primary setting within the leadership team
- Dedicated to ensure that all of our children achieve their very best
- Passionate about teaching and learning and improving the life chances of our children
- Positive outlook and excellent interpersonal skills
- We want to employ practitioners who have Good or Outstanding practice, along with high expectations for yourself and the children
- Aspiring leader of learning
- Happy to grasp exciting opportunities and contribute to the values, ethos and the development of our new school
What you will get in return from The Gordon’s Children’s Academy:
- The opportunity to work with happy children who come into school ready and excited to learn each morning.
- Support from a vast network of senior leaders and other teachers within the school and our trust, our teachers regularly get the opportunity to meet and share best practice with the relevant year group teachers of the other 4 Medway Primary Schools within our trust.
- As a teacher at The Thinking Schools Academy Trust you can also benefit from an internationally accredited pedagogy approach to thinking and learning, which has been proven to enhance classroom practice.
- We can offer excellent CPD opportunities, particularly through the New Horizons Teaching School’s alliance, which also offers a great support network for our staff.
Our Primary Academy offers lots of space and intervention and breakout areas. Teachers who join our happy and friendly academy can also benefit from a discounted price of £10 a month for a membership of the Thinking Fitness gym, which is located on site at New Horizons Children’s Academy in Chatham. Our school can also offer you an employee benefit and childcare voucher scheme.
What you need to do now:
If you are interested in working in a large Primary academy, benefiting from a large support network and you are keen to progress your career, then please apply today!
We strongly encourage any teachers who may be interested in working at our school to call our office manager, Kerry Masters, at 03333 602110, to book a no-pressure tour of the school and to meet some of our staff.
We also encourage any early applications and we reserve the right to close the vacancy early if we suitable candidate is found.
If this position at Gordon’s Children’s Academy is not quite right for you, but you would be interested for any other positions within our Trust please contact our Recruitment team by email to ensure that you are added to our talent pool and considered for any future positions.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Closing Date of Position: Sunday 24th March 2019
Apply for this role
Before applying for this vacancy please ensure you have read all the relevant information and documents contained in this site. If you are ready to apply for this vacancy please click the "Apply Today" button which will direct you to our online application form.
Our School and all its personnel are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children. This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure Application to the Disclosure and Barring Service.