Marketing Manager for Fast Growing eCommerce Startup in Sports Industry (Hydration)
At Precision Hydration we personalise athletes’ hydration strategies using our cutting-edge Sweat Test technology and unique range of multi-strength electrolyte supplements. We work with a long list of professional teams in the Premier League, NFL, NBA, Major League Baseball, etc, as well as many elite and age-group athletes in sports like triathlon, cycling and tennis.
We're not just a “sports drinks business”, we're also a high-end sports consultancy and an innovative e-commerce startup, with a heavy focus on technology and research. We're a global business - with sales in 20+ countries - but we’re still a small team (6 full-time, with a few others part-time/freelancing) who love what we do and the space we’re in.
We're growing fast and we need an intelligent, energetic and creative marketer to join our team to help us keep up with (and speed up) our growth.
You'll have real responsibility from day one and make a tangible difference every day. And you’ll get to learn from an experienced team of entrepreneurs. Our Founder Andy Blow has set up a number of successful businesses in the sports industry (including the Porsche Human Performance Center at Silverstone) and was an elite triathlete back in the day.
Our COO, Jonny Tye is an engineer by trade and he won 2 Silver medals at the Canoeing World Championships before being instrumental in developing our innovative product range and spearheading our supply chain and fulfilment operations, enabling us to grow into a truly global business.
Dave Colley, our Marketing Director, has worked for internet startups his whole career, from Europe's fastest growing dating site and a UK Top 20 app for sharing recommendations with friends, to the world's first smartphone-only bank and a leading SEO tool.
- Activating our event sponsorships (creating engaging email/blog/social content for their athletes, overseeing the design/creation of branding material, planning our on-the-ground presence, identifying other co-marketing opportunities with co-sponsors etc)
- Planning and executing co-marketing campaigns (collaborating with partner brands to create engaging content and drive traffic and brand awareness)
- Helping us create awesome content/collateral (helping research/plan/manage our content schedule, co-ordinating guest bloggers, ideally editing/writing some blogs too, project managing the creation of new website pages, briefing designers on flyers, POS signage and marketing/product imagery)
- Helping us improve our existing content and UX (working with our SEO consultant to optimise existing content for Search and conversion, working with our designer and web developer to improve key pages and parts of our user experience)
- Helping more athletes discover our content (doing PR/backlink outreach, helping identify new channels/partners for our content such as podcasts, vlogs, remarketing ads etc)
No doubt there'll be plenty more responsibilities and opportunities for the role to develop that come up as we grow as a business and you grow into the role - plus you'll probably bring loads of ideas to the table too.
- 2+ years experience in a marketing role (preferably with a B2C ecommerce brand)
- We're looking for a self-starter who’ll learn fast and bring bags of energy to the table
- Excellent written English is a must as you'll be writing/editing content
- Experience with Klaviyo (or Mailchimp or similar email service providers) is very desirable
- Experience with Shopify (or similar ecommerce platforms) is very desirable
- Knowing your way around Excel and being fairly decent with numbers is desirable too, as we're a very numbers driven business
- Being a keen athlete would also be ideal (as you’ll already understand our audience) but not mandatory. We'll be flexible so you'll have time to train and compete around your workload
- Salary: £20-28k depending on experience
- Exciting travel opportunities and ‘money can’t buy’ sporting experiences
- All the electrolyte drinks and team merch you’ll ever need!
Christchurch, Dorset (with a % of time working from home an option too once you’re up and running)
Send your CV and a few lines telling us about yourself and why you think you'd be an awesome addition to Team PH to our Marketing Director Dave at dc @ precisionhydration . com. Links to your blog, vlog, social media and any other projects you’ve worked on would also help us get to know you, but don’t feel obliged.