An opportunity has arisen for an experienced IT Support Engineer to join this growing team and support multiple companies with their IT requirements. You will be based at their offices in Fareham and may have regular visits to clients in the local area including Portsmouth and Southampton.
With a minimum of 3-4 years IT experience, your duties will include:
- Providing both remote and on-site support to users.
- Supporting client/server environment and networks to a 2nd/3rd line support level.
- Acting as an escalation point for their 1st/2nd line engineers.
- Specifying suitable IT solutions for client projects
- Planning and implementing projects at client sites
- Regular reporting to management.
You must be able to demonstrate confidence in your work and have great communication skills in person and on the phone. Working with users at all levels, you will need an ability to self-manage tasks and priorities, use initiative, remain calm under pressure and be highly organised.
You must have:
- Excellent ability to troubleshoot all manner of IT related issues and use initiative when unsure.
- Excellent knowledge of all Microsoft Office Suites
- Experience in Cloud Services - Office 365 & One Drive/SharePoint Online
- Knowledge of Administering/Installing Microsoft Windows O/S
- Desktop/Server(Server 2008 R2 to Server 2019)
- Good knowledge of PC hardware and components.
- Fundamental understanding of hosted environments. (Web, Virtual Server, Dedicated)
- Good understanding of network technologies, DHCP, DNS, TCP/IP, VPNs and having the ability to troubleshoot.
- Ability to install/administer Firewall/Switches/Routers
- Good Knowledge of Windows Server technologies Active Directory, Group Policy,
- Experience and knowledge of Virtualisation Platforms, VMware and/or Hyper-V
- An understanding of Mail Servers, (Microsoft Exchange 2010, 2013, 2016, IMAP and POP)
- Strong documentation and communication skills
- Enthusiasm for learning and improving their skills and knowledge
- A proven track record in managing customer relationships and providing excellent customer service in a customer delivery environment
- Knowledge of working with SLAs and using support ticketing systems to ensuring tickets are closed off and followed up on.
- Must be able to gain basic level security clearance for working with MOD sites and projects.
- Full UK driving license.
Although not essential, the ideal candidate would also have experience or knowledge with:
- macOS and iOS
- An understanding of some the following technologies: Broadband, Leased Lines (Copper and Fibre), Telephony, VoIP, Network Design, Load Balancing.
- DrayTek and Fortinet Firewall/Routers
If you possess all the necessary skills and experience and you are interested in this position please click apply and upload your CV. In your CV please include some information on why you feel you would be suitable for this role along with your current salary level and expectation.