Legacy Youth Zone is a state-of-the-art £6.5m facility currently under construction in Croydon, opening in Summer 2019. Attracting young people from across the borough and beyond through its fantastic facilities, the Youth Zone is a registered charity and will provide positive activities and practical support, with the aim of enabling young people to make constructive use of their leisure time and raise their aspirations.
The newly appointed Facilities Officer will be responsible for keeping our young people safe by managing and maintaining the building, security systems and facilities effectively and efficiently. In addition, the post will ensure that Legacy is compliant with all health and safety regulations, including equipment, buildings, and the safe management of sub-contractors; in addition to directly managing the cleaning team and ensuring that the building is pristine, and all areas are open and safe for our young. This is a critical and exciting role, which will significantly contribute to our offer to young people.
- Have significant experience of building maintenance and/or management, including staff supervision
- Have excellent people skills with the ability to establish good professional relationships with young people and adults
- Have the ability and initiative to carry out general repairs and preventative work
- Have a working knowledge of health, safety and environmental legislation
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to young people
- Be passionate about the aims and mission of OnSide Youth Zones, and Croydon.
This is truly a fantastic opportunity to be part of the brand-new team of the Youth Zone, helping to create a long-lasting legacy for young people in the area!
Closing date for applications: Midnight, Sunday 24 March 2019
Interview day: Tuesday 9 April 2019
The strength of the OnSide Network of Youth Zone is the diversity of its people, we place huge value on different people doing things in different ways and we welcome applications from what might be considered non-traditional backgrounds. The one thing we all have in common is our desire to raise the aspirations of young people across the country.
In accordance with our Child Protection and Safeguarding procedures, this position requires an enhanced DBS check.
Please complete the attached application form and submit it together with details of your current or most recent salary package and notice period, and any reasonable adjustments we can make to assist you in your application or the selection process.