Electrical Academic Trainer
Electrical Engineering - Academic Trainer
Competitive Salary & Package
Here at Babcock we are looking to appoint a degree qualified Electrical engineering professional to their academic training delivery team in Gosport.
This is a fantastic way to share your knowledge gained throughout your career with engineering students, offering them guidance and support to achieve up to Foundation Degree Level Electrical Engineering qualifications. You will be provided with a mentor for the initial few months who will develop your teaching and instructing capabilities to a formal Level 4 certification in Teaching, and once up to desired standard, you will then deliver courses yourself.
Some of the key deliverables of this role will be:
- Managing and instructing military and civilian personnel in Electrical Machine Engineering and Mathematics academic modules to Foundation Degree level
- Supervise the conduct of laboratory and assignment work in support of above
- Assist in maintaining and updating training documentation
- Assess student coursework and provide feedback
- Ensure all Company health, safety & environmental procedures are implemented and adhered to at all times.
We would be looking for you to be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Qualified to Degree level in Electrical Engineering or aligned subject
- Prior experience in a teaching / instructing role would be beneficial but full training will be provided to upskill to a level where you're able to deliver academic courses
- IT Literate
- Excellent communication skills and professional standards
- Able to gain and maintain UK SC level Security Clearance
About Babcock International
For more than a century, Babcock has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
We're committed to providing a great employee experience in a supportive and engaging environment. The benefits you can expect to enjoy include a generous holiday entitlement, competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance and a share ownership scheme. You'll benefit from excellent career and learning and development opportunities to ensure that you grow and achieve your full potential.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you've completed this you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices. Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly. We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments.