Commercial and Retail Manager UK
Avicanna Inc. is a bio-pharmaceutical company focused on innovative advancements in the medical cannabis industry and is currently expanding its operations and seeking to hire a UK Business Development Manager to support and manage Avicanna’s EU operations in the UK.
Business Development Manager Description:
The UK Business Development Manager will work to introduce and launch Avicanna’s product offerings within the UK market. This person will implement Avicanna’s strategic goals, build key customer relationships, identify business opportunities, support executive team to close business deals and maintain extensive knowledge of current market conditions in the medical cannabis industry.
The business development manager will also coordinate with internal teams, legal and regulatory teams to register products, attain the required import permits and outline any other regulatory limitations. They will be responsible to work with Avicanna’s executive team to build out Avicanna’s strategic medical program in the UK, increase sales opportunities and thereby maximize revenue for Avicanna in Europe.
About the Role:
The primary role of the Business Development Manager is to develop a market entry strategy for the UK, identifying new business opportunities and managing key relationships. In addition of being responsible for the ongoing operations it is also part of the role to support Avicanna’s legal
team on importing Avicanna’s product offerings.
The role will be directly reporting to Avicanna’s VP of EU Operations and working with mid to senior level management, marketing and technical staff. Strategic planning is a key part of this job description, since it is the Business Manager’s responsibility to develop the pipeline of new business coming into Avicanna. This requires a thorough knowledge of the European cannabis market and competitors.
1. Must be eligible to work in the U.K. without a visa/permit.
2. Over 3-5 years experience of business development or sales or marketing or business experience in the pharmaceutical, nutraceuticals or medical cannabis industry. Experience in the UK retail market is highly recommended.
3. 3-5 years experience with over the counter, cosmetics and medical sales.
4. Development and implementation of Avicanna’s UK market entry strategy in the medical
cannabis industry through guidance from Avicanna executive management team.
5. Management of import and export activities for raw materials and finished products.
6. Experience with regulatory bodies in UK in addition to Over-the-Counter (OTC) and medical
products in the UK is a plus.
7. The ability to travel to meet clients, attend conferences and research new markets as needed.
8. Detail oriented and thorough; experience creating content for executive-level audiences.
9. Must be fluent in English. Spanish is a plus.
10. Ability to manage complex projects and multi-task.
11. Excellent organization skills.
12. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
13. Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty.
Job Type: Full-time