Subject Tutor (working with 16-24 year olds)
Oxford Summer Courses was founded by a network of Oxford alumni, who were determined to share the magic of the university and the city with the wider world. Since 2010, we have expanded around the world, and are one of the fastest growing education companies in the UK and Europe. Our pedagogical approach is centred around interactive and creative teaching strategies, growth mindsets, small group and tutorial teaching, integration of cutting-edge research, and—above all—tutor autonomy.
About the role
You will prepare and deliver seminars and tutorials for international students aged 16–17 or 18–24 attending our summer school. There are a wide variety of subjects to choose from, across various locations—please visit our website for more information.
- Design your own syllabus around your interests and expertise
- Attend training and induction sessions
- Prepare class materials and resources
- Deliver seminars and tutorials in accordance with confirmed course outlines and Oxford Summer Courses teaching guidelines
- Teach seminars two weekdays out of five, and 1:1 or 2:1 tutorials scheduled one day per week per course (it is possible to work concurrent courses where dates overlap)
- Ensure good standards of student behaviour during classes
- Take register of attendance and report any absences or changes directly to Head office
- Set appropriate independent study work to discuss in tutorials
- Complete a feedback form on the course(s) and reports for your students
- A passionate, qualified teacher or graduate student/academic staff with at least 1 year’s teaching experience of this age group
- Dedicated to delivering creative and engaging lessons
- Aware of the needs and requirements of teaching young learners
- Experience working with speakers of other languages
- Educated to Masters degree level or above in your chosen subject/s
- Right to work in the UK (we cannot sponsor work visas)
Summer courses for 16–24 year olds in 2019 will take between June 30th and August 24th, across our various locations. Please see our website for more details.
You can apply to work for one or multiple courses. For more information regarding working multiple courses, please check our Tutor FAQ page on our website.
Rates of pay are aligned with your qualifications and teaching experience.
Throughout employment with us, we expect that our tutors ensure that all sensitive data is handled in accordance with GDPR regulations.
Accommodation and travel expenses are not included.
Please apply online via our website - https://oxfordsummercourses.com/tutor-opportunities/