Accounts Assistant at The Grand Hotel Brighton
We currently have an amazing opportunity for an experienced Accounts Assistant to join our highly successful team at The Grand.
At The Grand, we make hospitality truly meaningful. We strive to create an individual and personal experience for all our guests by delivering Exceptional Hospitality…… so individuals with engaging personalities, who recognise the detail and demonstrate a 'can-do' attitude, are a perfect match for us.
As one of the Accounts Assistants, you will have primary responsibility for the Purchase Ledger function within the Finance team but also have support responsibilities to the other finance functions of income and revenue control, sales ledger and cashiering.
In return for your passion and commitment, we offer a great package including complimentary gym facilities, hotel recognition scheme and incentive programme (including cinema tickets, free dinner & afternoon tea, cash rewards), discounted use of hotel facilities, workplace pension & life assurance, employee assistance programme, and a high street, local attraction & retail perks and discount programme.
It is vital that candidates have previous experience and working knowledge of Sage 200 or similar; previous Nominal Ledger and Purchase Ledger experience; experience in revenue and statistical reporting and income audit.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Processing all purchase orders via the purchase order log and present for approval to the relevant authorising manager
- Matching delivery notes and invoices to the relevant purchase orders
- Obtaining authorisation from relevant budget holder for all invoices
- Maintaining purchase order log ensuring all PO’s are raised by sequential number, full or part-paid invoices are adjusted for to leave the correct month-end accrual for invoiced cost
- To finalise the full accruals process for un-paid invoices and part used purchase orders
- To maintain the pre-payment tracker and manage the supplier statement reconciliations
- Supporting the revenue and income audit function by checking that all revenue and payments balance back to control totals; recording and auditing all revenue and statistics to ensure accuracy and completeness of daily figures; producing daily reports and distributing to Hotel management; checking and auditing all banking and payments on a daily basis
- Supporting the Sales Ledger process with audit of all Sales Ledger invoices; processing of all Sales Ledger payments; credit control duties to ensure that hotel debts are collected and that the debtor days are maintained at the target level
- Supporting the Cashiering function by balancing the cash, cheque and credit card collection and daily balancing of banking and revenue.
If this is a challenge that excites you, then apply now!