Senior Project Manager
A leading Global Financial Institution is seeking to employ a Senior Project Manager based in London.
Hours 35 per week/permanent.
Competitive salary offered.
The Senior Project Manager will mobilise and direct projects of high complexity and scale from project definition to closure and will be responsible for the end to end planning and delivery of one or more projects proactively balancing scope, schedule, budget, risks, team, outcomes and benefits - projects can be standalone or form part of a programme. They will be responsible for deploying Global Transformation Project Management Framework and other Global Transformation Business Transformation Frameworks (BTF) within their project. Additionally, they will work closely with the Programme Manager to ensure alignment of their project with the wider change portfolio and the Group Strategy, Values and Behaviours.
The Senior Project Manager will often play a people / team management role within the projects / programmes they work on. As members of the Global Transformation management team, they will also have line or assignment management responsibility for a group of more junior resources i.e., alongside project delivery responsibilities, the Senior Project Manager may have a line responsibility for a pool of Project Managers (people management, performance management, resource management and professional development).
The Senior Project Manager will plan effectively around delivery constraints and optimise the plan to maximise benefits and minimise risk. They will develop the plan within constraints, considering the delivery approach, key milestones and dependencies within the plan, requirements and scope, effort and resources, budgets and quality.
The Senior Project Manager will play a key role in ensuring the baselined scope, requirements, benefits, schedule and budget are managed as outlined in Business Transformation Frameworks. Moreover, they will identify and intervene where there is slippage and variance from plan.
The successful candidate will be a graduate and will have the following attributes:
- Excellent understanding of Global Transformation Business Transformation Frameworks, methodologies and best practice techniques.
- Thorough understanding of the purpose, values, culture and fundamentals of the Global Transformation.
- Strong knowledge of the external environment – regulatory, political, competitors etc.
- Proven ability to work across regions whilst maintaining a global perspective.
- Demonstration of commerciality with strong financial acumen.
- Proven ability to work with senior stakeholders and business sponsors.
- Evidence of ability to make key strategic decisions.
- Delivery of large scale complex programmes at pace, developing high performing interchanging teams to support delivery at each stage.
- Strong people and team management experience.
- Proven implementation, change management and benefits realisation experience.
- Capability in Planning and Plan Management, Portfolio Definition and Planning, Process Re-engineering and Risk & Issues Management.
- Capability in Business Analysis and Design, Business Case and Benefits Realisation, Change and Implementation Management.
- Proficiency in Financial and Budget Management, Tracking, Reporting and Governance.
- Expertise in Stakeholder Management, Problem solving and Critical Thinking, Consultancy, Innovation and Idea Management.
- Qualified in Prince2 – Optional.
- PMP training or Certification – Desirable.
- Managing Successful Programmes (MSP) – Desirable.
- Any relevant local banking qualifications such as ACIB (Associate of the Chartered Institute of Bankers).
Closing dates for applications 11th April 2019