Rehabilitation Therapy Service Manager
Sue Ryder have an exciting opportunity within their new state of the art, purpose built Neurological Centre in Lancashire. Our new Rehabilitation Therapy Service Manager will be joining a fantastic team at the perfect time along our Sue Ryder Neurological development and expansion journey.
As Rehabilitation Therapy Service Manager, your role will be:
- Accountable for the delivery and good governance of a multi-disciplinary therapy service, evaluating programmes of personalised rehabilitation and care as part of the multi-disciplinary team
- Demonstrating a high level of clinical, technical and research skills through breadth and depth of knowledge in Rehabilitation Therapies. Providing highly specialist rehabilitation treatment programmes to meet individual needs and outcomes.
- Providing strong effective leadership and management of the rehabilitation therapies team including recruitment, appraisal and performance.
- Ensuring practice complies with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) and relevant professional standards and ethics, including Sue Ryder Standards of Care
- Ensuring all staff within the unit are managed and supported in line with Sue Ryder people management policies. Acting as a role model to the rehabilitation therapy service.
This role reports to the Head of Clinical Services.
You will need:
- BSc degree level qualification in either Physiotherapy or Occupational Therapy
- Management degree or equivalent experience
- Registered with Health and Care Professionals Council
- Relevant post registration training in a neurological rehabilitation speciality
- Evidence of Continuing Professional Development
- Current registration with Professional Body (CSP / COT)
- Membership of a Professional Specialist Interest Group
You will have proven:
- Experience of working in a rehabilitation setting
- Highly specialist knowledge and application of therapy assessments and interventions using complex level clinical reasoning
- Experience of managing a team of staff including setting objectives, appraisal, recruitment and disciplinary issues
- Knowledge of relevant legislation and its impact on current practice
- Excellent advanced communication skills
- Ability to build effective working relationships
- Motivational skills and goal setting for personalised care
We are looking for a Rehabilitation Therapy Service Manager who will lead with vision for development and the ability to motivate and enthuse the rehabilitation therapy team.
Please apply now to begin the application process.