Internal Audit Manager - FTSE 100
Our client, a globally renowned and world-leading FTSE 100 leisure organisation, seeks a high-calibre Internal Audit Manager to strengthen its Corporate Audit team following an internal move.
Group Audit provides value and insights to management through its risk based systematic approach to projects, evaluating control design and operational effectiveness. It also provides an opportunity to specialise in a particular field and act as a springboard to other career opportunities.
As an Internal Audit Manager you will be involved in the planning and execution of commercially focused audit reviews of systems/processes, businesses within Group and projects and the associated controls across all areas of the organisation. Working with management, you will agree findings and recommend actions that will help reduce risk and add value to the business. In addition to scheduled audit reviews, other ad hoc work such as investigations, post-acquisition integration reviews and other project work can be expected.
This is a high-profile role requiring a qualified accountant or auditor - ACA, CA, ACCA, CPA, CIA, MIIA or equivalent, with strong background in internal audit, ideally gained in an international business or the internal audit team within a top-tier firm. Strong written and spoken English is essential as are excellent interpersonal skills.
Given the areas of responsibility, this role will involve international travelling, typically around 50% over a year. Travel is mainly to Northern Europe, however there is increasing opportunity to assist the wider Group audit teams with other overseas audits.
A good opportunity to join a world leading organisation where further development opportunities are available both in the UK or across international locations.
Skills / Experience / Attributes:
- Strong academic background
- Professionally qualified accountant or auditor with post-qualification experience - ACA, CA, ACCA, CPA, CIA, MIIA or equivalent
- Internal audit experience is essential; gained in either a large, complex organisation or the Business Risk Services or Internal Audit team of a top-tier firm
- Fluent English skills (written and spoken). The ability to speak another European language, especially Spanish or German, is an advantage
- Excellent communication, relationship building and interpersonal skills
- The desire to travel