Care and Well-being Assistant (days, nights or weekends)
Are you passionate about helping people with different abilities live a full and joyful life?
We are recruiting Care and Support Workers to join a new community of one to three individuals with learning disabilities
- Location: Cambridge.
- Hours: full and part-time, and flexible roles are available.
- Both day and night support shifts, and weekend shifts are available.
- Salary: up to £9.00 per hour (real living wage) + benefits
We are currently recruiting for this exciting, new service
A new home will be opened in North Cambridge, in April/ May 2019 for one to three people with physical and learning disabilities. We are building a new team to support and grow into a joyful, new community with them!
- We are looking for people who are patient, kind, protective and full of creativity.
- We would like you to treat people with different abilities with honour and dignity and to persevere to bring out their unique gifts and skills: to enjoy these together with them!
- Experience of person-centred support is preferred, but not essential. You will have a willingness to learn and the compassion and patience needed to support.
- Our service offers to build a Christian community around the people we support, if they so choose. An openness to be part of such a community would be welcome.
What we offer:
- We offer you person-centred training, so you will be able to get to know the person you will be supporting and how you can support them in the best way.
- We offer you opportunity to gain recognised qualifications (e.g. Care Certificate), and to engage in your own continuing development.
- We offer you the opportunity to enjoy all their social and leisure activities together with them. The people we support have a wonderful sense of fun and laughter, and we would love for you to get to know them.
Does this sound like an opportunity for you? Please get in touch to learn more about the role and our people.
Mannawell is a local organisation and our mission is to provide compassionate, personalised care and support to people with learning disabilities to help them live a full and joyful life. We aim to help them in line with the Christian principle of loving your neighbour: “Love is patient, love is kind… It always protects”.
Read more at www.mannawell.uk