A leading Global Financial Institution is seeking to employ an Advisory Associate based in London.
Hours 35 per week/permanent.
Competitive salary offered.
The Advisory Associate will work as part of the Global Advisory team to develop and shape a scalable world-class Advisory Service for the GPB clients. They will be working on delivering the Advisory Business change agenda globally and assume leading and supporting responsibilities in various workstreams in major global Advisory initiatives including the introduction and embedding of a strategic end-to-end Advisory Platform globally. They will also be working as part of a Centre of Excellence team responsible to deliver portfolio analytics, portfolio construction and risk management using the Advisory Platform.
The Advisory Associate will become an SME and super user of the Advisory Platform with the aim to support the front office as required and will be involved in various activities related to the Advisory Platform, including, but not limited to the embedding, commercialisation of the platform as well as training. They will be supporting in the enterprise risk management monitoring, leveraging the Advisory Platform, producing insights and analytics. Additionally, they will be helping in the monitoring of portfolios and products, supporting the Suitability Framework, running stress tests and other risk analytics with the aim to support the Advisory Platform users with portfolio analytics.
The Advisory Associate will be an integral part of the commercialisation of the Advisory Platform; conducting bottom up portfolio analysis for idea generation to implement investment philosophy and strategy as well as collaborating with Product Heads/Specialists on fulfilment ideas for themes and SAA/TAA (Strategic Asset Allocation/ Tactical Asset Allocation) implementation. Moreover, they will be assisting in the shaping of the future Advisory proposition leveraging the capabilities of the Advisory Platform and in certain cases the job holder will be expected to support in portfolio construction and pitching portfolio solutions to key clients interested in sophisticated portfolio analytics.
The successful candidate will be a graduate and will have the following attributes:
- Bachelor’s / post-graduate degrees from high quality institutions in numerical / statistical / financial subjects.
- Professional analytical qualifications and quantitative background needed, for example, the CFA designation.
- Strong knowledge of modern portfolio theory and risk analytics.
- Excellent understanding of investment risk and practical experience of risk / other analytical systems.
- Good understanding of investment risk and practical experience of risk / other analytical systems.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Substantial years of relevant work experience.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to engage at all levels.
Closing dates for applications 9th April 2019