Credit Controller- Large Insurance Broker- City- £35,000-£40,000
- You will prepare and reconcile the IBA accounts accurately and on time. You'll work with another team of credit controllers to monitor workloads and assist with their queries.
- To ensure all outstanding accounts are chased appropriately according to Company procedures. You'll also look after receipt of funds and outward payments.
- A self-starter, you're critical in gathering any uncollected brokerage and or outstanding debt. Your tact and empathy is what really makes a difference.
- Learning from past experience, you will prevent funding from occurring, but sometimes, you'll need to assist the wider team to clear funded balances as needed. We'll trust your judgement and experience.
- You'll strive to settle any balances within their due dates and render any required statements.
- Your point of contact for most queries will be your London Account Handler. You will collaborate frequently and form a strong professional bond.
- Use your highly analytical approach to produce and complete a suite of monthly IBA credit control reports.
- You MUST have prior experience in a Reinsurance business and knowledge of the related accounting principles. This should include: Facultative Reinsurance, Treaty Reinsurance (proportional and non-proportional) and Excess of loss.
- Ability to prioritise and organise your own workload, achieving your daily deadlines.
- You naturally build and strengthen relationships; You have confident and effective interpersonal skills along with excellent attention to detail.
- You creatively construct effective written communications, including letters and reports
- Experience within the market is critical. The ideal candidate would have at least 3 years previous experience of working in a Lloyd's broking environment.
- Eligible to work in the UK.
My client is a full-service international reinsurance broker with offices in London, the Caribbean, USA and South America. They work in partnership with another well-known firm within the industry. As a business they offer great work/life balance and many other fantastic benefits!
Salary & Benefits
£35,000-£40,000, plus excellent benefits- The City
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice