Temporary Processing Supervisor
Location- New Ferry
Contract - Fixed Term for 6 months
Hours- 35 per week
Salary- £8.15 per hour
Working for Age UK can unlock many benefits and perks, such as:-
25 days holiday + Bank Holiday allowance + pension scheme + 100s of shopping discounts + life assurance + many more!!
We are currently recruiting a Processing Supervisor to carry out stock processing to company standards and in line with current Health & Safety regulations.
- Process stock to agreed standards and volume, ensuring saleable donated stock is maximised and minimise wastage
- To have a knowledge of stock quality and be confident to grade the stock for distribution
- Ensure housekeeping standards are maintained and all Health and Safety policies are adhered to.
- Assist in maximising the shops profitability through effective control of expenditure (petty cash, stock/equipment ordering) and wastage
- To have a good understanding of recycling within a charity retail environment
- Be able to work to tight target driven deadlines
- Maintain absolute confidentiality with regard to all company information.
- Previous experience within a charity retail environment(desirable)
- Supervisory experience
- Demonstrable experience of communicating with a wide range people and customer base from a variety of backgrounds and ethnic origins.
Skills & Knowledge
- Good communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to relate to a wide range of people.
- The ability to recognise stock potential in order to generate income and the importance of attractive presentation
- The ability to work as part of an effective team.
Flexible approach to work required. Occasional requirement to additional days to cover holidays and sickness or participate in trading outside of normal shop hours e.g. shop events
Processing stock deliveries will regularly involve carrying and moving (sometimes heavy) bags of stock. You will also be on your feet for long periods of time.
On occasions may be required to work on own within shop
To comply with UK legislation we cannot accept applications from candidates under the age of 18 as the successful candidate will be required to work on their own in the shop without the aid of other staff.
Is this the job for you? We know that men, of all backgrounds, and men and women from Black, Asian and minority ethnic backgrounds are currently under-represented in our workforce, and we want to change this! So we are particularly keen to hear from applicants from these groups.
Age UK is an Equal Opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates, regardless of age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital/civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the essential criteria. We welcome requests for flexible working.
Age UK is committed to safeguarding adults at risk, and children, from abuse and neglect. We expect everyone who works with us to share this commitment.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert at any time.