Role: Part Time Finance Assistant
Robert Half are recruiting for a part time Finance Assistant to join a not for profit organisation based in North Bristol. The part time Finance Assistant will be Responsible for maintaining the sales ledger across the Group, and for Clients (where required). More generally, contributing to the achievement of Financial Transactions Team objectives (generating accurate and informative financial information for the Charity, and its clients through the effective completion of specific allocated tasks.
- Responsible for maintaining the sales ledgers of the Group, and Clients, including regular review of aged debt reports.
- Ensuring that all sales invoicing is completed in accordance with all relevant tax legislation (particularly VAT) and guidance notes produced by senior members of the Finance team, and that all transactions are recorded correctly with regard to foreign currencies.
- Ensure that all monies received into Group / Client bank accounts from credit card merchants are reconciled and posted completely and accurately to the General Ledgers.
- Maintain the invoice Day Books for both Group Companies and Clients - ensuring that they are always a complete and accurate record of all outstanding items .
- Provide specific support for the processing of Client transactions, in accordance with agreed processing rules.
- Reconcile intercompany accounts on a monthly basis.
- Assist all other aspects of Financial Transactions team processing as requested by Team Manager.
- Accountancy qualification, such as AAT, desirable or demonstrable practical accounting knowledge
- Excellent computer skills, with recent:
- Excel experience - essential
- Sage 50 experience - essential
- Strong reconciliation skills
- Knowledge of VAT & partial exemption and experience of cross border VAT
- Charity accounting knowledge beneficial
- Experience in Credit Control desirable
- Experience of working with non-finance managers/individuals
- Experience of working in foreign currencies
Salary: £22,000 - £24,000 pro rata
Hours: 20hrs - 25hr
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice