Management Reporting Accountant
Great opportunity for a skilled Management Reporting Accountant, to contribute towards the delivery of the MRAP core outputs. This is a role charged with crafting quality insight and analysis for other finance functions, as well as delivering process improvement.
The Management Reporting and Planning (MRAP) team exists to provide insight to key stakeholders around the business, to support effective decision making and connect the board to business performance. The team should provide insightful reporting and leadership in financial planning for the business.
Your remit will include the following;
- Contribute in an effective and high performing team, consistently delivering the vision of the MRAP function
- Production of accurate and insightful management reporting (monthly and ad hoc), budgetary and forecasting outputs and commentary and analysis, ensuring complete accuracy and efficient processes
- Support the production of accurate external market and investor presentations
- Supports the delivery of Finance System enhancements and process automation as required
- Ensure that you (and any direct reports) are meeting customers’ fair and reasonable expectations and provide fair outcomes.
- Question and challenge peers and managers where processes and procedures do not meet these expectations and any activity that does not place customers’ interests at the heart of how we do business
- Complete training as mandated by the company and regulated by the FCA
Hastings Direct is a fast growing, agile, digitally focused general insurance provider of products and services to over 2.7 million customers in the UK. We've significantly grown our customer base over the last three years and we now employ over 3,400 colleagues
It's our attitude and the way we run our business that makes us different. We focus on getting it right for our colleagues, customers, company and community. It's a dynamic, flexible, fun and constantly changing environment. You'll enjoy the scope to make a real difference for our customers, influence our company, benefit the communities we work in and have some fun along the way.
· Experience in delivery roles within Management Reporting or Financial Planning functions
· Financial planning and budgetary experience
· Microsoft Office – particularly Excel and PowerPoint to a high standard
· ACCA, CIMA or equivalent qualification
- As a growing business, your role can really help make an impact on both the development and delivery of this function – it will be exciting, busy, varied and challenging so a roll sleeves up, hands-on approach is an absolute must.
- Natural problem solver who communicates effectively to all stakeholders.
- This is a dynamic, fast paced working environment – candidates should be comfortable working within that setting and demonstrate a proactive working style.
- Great attention to detail – systematic approach to managing your workload.
- Embraces opportunities to develop and learn – shows a great level of self-awareness and drive.
Benefits for you
Please find some of the great benefits we offer here at Hastings Direct;
- Competitive basic salary which we will share with you upon shortlisting, but do feel free to email the Recruitment team for more details in advance of your application – email@example.com
- Flexible working opportunities working 1-2 days a week from home
- Up to 10% bonus earning potential
- 27 days holiday
- Life assurance
- Competitive pension
- Flexible benefits – buy or sell holidays
- Discounted Hastings Direct products
Hastings Group is an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status. Please also note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks.