Job Title: Quality Manager
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 depending on experience
Job Type: Full Time (37 hours per week)
A long established company in designing and manufacturing interior textiles. The emphasis has and continues to be on fantastic customer care throughout the company. They pride themselves on their company values to which each and every member of the team, throughout the company can relate and these help keep the customer at the heart of the business. They have high expectations for their people, are fast paced and need someone who has energy and enthusiasm!!
They currently have a position for a Quality Manager, based at the Head Office in Preston with some travel to the second site in Manchester. Responsible for the quality team this individual will work with them to ensure that all products are in line with the required quality standards of both the Company and their customers across all areas of the business.
You'll need to work well under pressure delivering to a high standard within tight timescales. You'll to be able to manage your own and the wider team priorities, so a minimum of 2 years' managerial experience is essential as you'll be supporting and developing team members in their professional growth. There'll also be occasional travel involved, visiting suppliers and trade exhibitions both domestic and overseas.
- To ensure that all products from the company are in line with the required quality standards of both the Company and the customers across retail fabrics, contract fabrics and readymades
- To provide technical support to all areas of the business particularly on new product development
- To ensure ethical and technical compliance through the supply chain
- Management of the Quality team
- Vendor audit compliance
- Quality issues as % of sales
- New product launch critical path adherence and delivery
- All product testing and 'fit for purpose'
Essential Skills & Qualifications
- GCSE Maths & GCSE English Grade B (Grade 5) or above
- Minimum 2 year's managerial experience
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft office
- Thorough understanding of technical and ethical audits
- Interior textiles testing requirements for the UK markets
- Demonstrable understanding of technical fabric construction and product development methods for fabric and readymades
- Own car and full driving license
Desirable Skills & Qualifications
- Quality qualification (such as CQI)
- Management Qualifications (such as ILM)
- Interior textiles testing for overseas markets
- Understanding of the independent retail sector
- Previous experience of working with large national retailers within the homewares sector
- Stitching unit manufacturing process
Benefits of the company:
- Training and support to develop your skills
- 22 days holiday plus bank holidays. (These increase with length of service)
- Pension scheme
- Child care vouchers
- Company sick pay
- Voluntary staff savings scheme
- Free onsite parking
- Death in service benefit
- Annual staff awards
- Social events through the year for staff and families
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of: Quality Manager, Quality Assurance Manager, Quality Assurance, Manufacturing Quality Manager, Operational Improvement Manager, Quality Improvement Manager, Quality assurance Officer, Quality Improvement, Quality Assurance Lead, Quality Auditor, Continuous Improvement Manager may also be considered for this role.