Robert Half is working with a Global business in Stroud who are looking to recruit for an Accounts Assistant for a 12-month maternity cover. It is a very friendly organisation who provide excellent training and are committed to supporting their staff. The role is a great opportunity for a well-established Accounts Assistant to get exposure to a global business.
- Entering invoices onto the computer and passing them to the correct person for approval.
- Ensuring that all invoices are returned correctly approved by the month end deadline, chasing for missing invoices as necessary
- Completing the invoice process on the computer and filing the invoices ready for payment.
- Daily bank reconciliations
- Check monthly expenses for completeness and accuracy and pass to department head for approval.
- Preparing twice monthly BACS runs, writing cheques, and setting up currency payments as needed, ensuring all payments are correct.
- Some month end journals
- Providing information and reports to heads of department or senior management
- Other administration tasks as needed
- Be numerate and comfortable working with numbers
- Have good communication skills, be self-motivated, enjoy working as part of a team and have a good sense of humour
- Be able to work to deadlines, with accuracy and attention to detail
- Be confident in day-to-day dealing with directors and other senior managers
- Understand the need for confidentiality in all aspects of the role
- Have good keyboard skills, daily use of Excel and Word is essential
This Accounts Assistant role is for a 12-month period and the company operate on a 37.5 hour working week. The role is based just outside of Bath and there is parking on site. The role is paying £20,000 - £23,000 per annum
If interested, please call Laura Hearn on 01179935400
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice