Lead Support Worker
Are you experienced in supporting adults with learning disabilities? Join an innovative team where you can lead by example, enjoying an excellent training programme, strong career progression.
As a Lead Support Wworker you will be responsible for demonstrating good practice across the team and will work alongside your colleagues to ensure support plans are implemented correctly, planned weeks are followed and the individuals we support are achieving their goals and outcomes. You will be organised as you will be responsible for managing your own time and the rota for the service as well as being friendly and approachable as you will be working alongside your colleagues and families.
One of the service that you'll be working within will be supporting a young gentleman who loves his dog (being comfortable with dogs is a requirement for the role).
You'd also provide support him whilst he goes on his park runs, running club, disability sports, trips to the local pubs, cafes and the occasional gigs. He supports Man United, is artistic and makes his own candles that he sells at local craft fairs.
In addition he enjoys going to the library, trampolining, swimming and the gym.
The shift pattern of support for this gentleman is:
- Monday – Thursday – 5pm – 10 pm and then a sleep in
- Friday 9am – 5pm / 5pm -10pm and then a sleep in
- Saturday – 8am – 5pm / 5pm – 10 pm and sleep in
- Sunday – 9am – 5pm / 5 – 10pm and then a sleep in.
As Lead Support Worker you'll be required to help support at other services across the Hertfordshire area for 2 days a week.
You will need a full driving licence and access to a car you can use for work purposes.
For further in formation in regards to this role please contact Katrina Ruddick on: 07939561619
Alternatively please forward on your CV by an email.
To apply, please visit our website via the button below.
If Dimensions sounds like the place for you to excel as a Lead Support Worker, we’d love to hear from you. Just click on the button below to complete the application process. Or If you have any questions and would like to discuss the role in more detail please call Katrina Ruddick on 0793 956 1619.
- Dimensions are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the people we support
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions. The organisation simply wants everyone to be fairly considered, based on merit, before all checks and risk assessments are made, so don’t be put off, apply and complete the relevant sections and discuss your personal situation confidentially at interview with the hiring manager. The information disclosed will be treated in confidence.
- Candidates will be required to provide evidence of their identity and eligibility to work in the UK.
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees.