Job Title: Junior Designer
Department: Design and Production, a three-person team
Reporting to: Design and Production Manager
The company is an international food and drink business to business publishing and digital communications company - with the industry's fastest growing social media community.
This Bath-based company has an exciting opportunity for a Junior Designer to join its pre-press department. The role is design-led but also comes with an expectation to help with production-related administration tasks.
Working on two magazine titles, internal marketing, external contract work, web-based tasks as well as contributing to a production role, key duties will include:
- Converting images for print
- Designing magazine pages - working alongside the editorial team and fellow design colleagues
- Enhance magazine features by converting data into clear charts and graphics
- Preparing final pages for press and checking proofs
- Archiving material once sent to press
- Converting publications into digitally enhanced editions
- Working with the marketing team to produce (and update) company marketing materials
- Liaising with clients to receive advertiser files and checking they meet their specifications
- Preparing and sending a regular selection of client marketing, and their own news-based newsletters
- Assisting with pre- and post-press production duties
- Producing keynote presentations for internal awards schemes
Reporting to the Design and Production Manager, the team player we seek must be proficient in InDesign and PhotoShop. Good timekeeping, communication, close attention to detail, problem solving skills and an ability to multitask will ensure the successful candidate excels in this role. Familiarity with Keynote would be an advantage.
An equal enthusiasm for both print and digital media should be demonstrated.
KEY RESULT AREAS
- Delivering work to a high standard
- Delivering work on time
- Managing own time effectively
- Working well in a team
- Maintaining positive, clear communication with colleagues and clients
- Holiday entitlement is 28 days (pro-rata) including bank holidays (increasing a day with each year of service up to a maximum of 33) plus 3 days between Christmas and New Year
- Private healthcare and cash plan
- Sick pay scheme
- Discounted gym membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- Permanent, part-time position
- Hours 22.5 per week, working pattern to be agreed with the successful candidate
- The notice period will be one month on either side (following a 6-month probationary period)
Please apply with a CV.