Maintenance Operative - Large Venue
A Maintenance Operative / Maintenance Technician is needed to join a world leading exhibitions and international convention centre based between Canary Wharf and London City Airport. Expect a varied role carrying out general maintenance repairs (carpentry, decorating & basic plumbing) for an outstanding venue.
Hosting over 300 events a year and welcoming over 4 million visitors, from every corner of the globe, this leading venue boasts fully flexible event halls, conference & exhibition space, a multitude of meeting rooms and the UK's largest flexible auditorium. Due to continued success they are now seeking an experienced Maintenance Operative / Maintenance Technician who would relish working in a thriving venue.
Reporting to the Fabric Supervisor the Maintenance Operative / Maintenance Technician will carry out planned and reactive maintenance support for the venue, providing a customer focused and cost-effective service. On a day-to-day basis expect to undertake any carpentry, decorating and other fabric related fault-finding repairs; ensure health and safety is adhered to; complete risk assessments, PPM, Reactive and Manifest job sheets; keep the team supervisor up-to-date of stock levels and materials required for repairs and anything else necessary to ensure the smooth and effective operation of this leading venue.
To qualify. You should be a Maintenance Operative / Maintenance Technician / Fabric Maintenance Technician / Handiperson / Facilities Coordinator / Facilities Maintenance Technician / Maintenance Engineer / Maintenance Operator or similar with a CV that demonstrates:
- Experience in a similar maintenance role;
- Knowledge of how to carry out general repairs related to carpentry / joinery, painting / decorating, tiling and basic plumbing;
- You are qualified to a City & Guilds standards in a related discipline, training will also be provided;
- A proactive and enthusiastic mentality – you can take the initiative to carry out a variety of tasks;
- Excellent communication skills, with a friendly and outgoing personality;
- You are a highly organised and tidy person;
- Good attention to detail and high personal standards.
This is a full-time role 40 hours per week, on a rota basis, this will also include some night work as and when required.
In return the Maintenance Operative / Maintenance Technician can expect a fantastic working environment with a superb benefits package that includes, a discretionary bonus, contributory personal pension (maximum of 15%), 25 days annual leave, free onsite gym, season ticket loan scheme, cycle to work scheme, life assurance (4x salary), income protection, childcare vouchers, free onsite parking plus much more.