Senior Planning and Analysis Manager
A leading Global Financial Institution is seeking to employ a Senior Planning and Analysis Manager based in Birmingham.
Hours 35 per week/permanent.
Competitive salary offered.
The Senior Planning and Analysis Manager will lead all aspects of planning and analysis for both UK and Europe RBWM (Retail Banking and Wealth Management) and will be responsible for coordinating and delivering the annual AOP (Annual Operation Planning) process, latest estimates and forecasts. They will have the responsibility for delivering detailed analytical insight for senior management and identifying key performance trends to help drive achievement of financial objectives. The role spans multiple countries (RBWM Europe & UK) and brands.
The Senior Planning and Analysis Manager will be accountable for leading the business and financial planning and forecasting process for RBWM Europe, ensuring targets are clear and aligned across the business. They will lead the preparation of monthly analysis packs into performance of UK & Europe RBWM and the market share & competitor analysis. Additionally, they will lead / provide input into the Group’s Strategic Business Outlook / Top Down Guidance.
The Senior Planning and Analysis Manager will lead the Level 1 & Level 2 planning process. They will identify key drivers and opportunities to help grow the business. They will also contribute to decision-making and strategy development, using business knowledge and experience to create business confidence in decisions taken.
The Senior Planning and Analysis Manager will play a key role in ensuring input and alignment with AMG (Asset Management) & Insurance as part of the planning process. Moreover, they will ensure minimal variance between the agreed plan and what is migrated / reflected in Finance systems.
The successful candidate will be a graduate and will have the following attributes:
- Role relevant qualifications, i.e. Degree / accounting qualification or equivalent.
- Strong relevant work experience in a relevant role with a track record in Planning.
- Experience in Financial Services is desirable but not essential.
- Strong capacity for in depth analysis and challenge, with a proven track record of tackling complex problems and applying a forward-looking approach.
- Commercial focus - an understanding of business finance and management information and an ability to use this information to inform decisions and deliver efficiencies/savings.
- Strong leadership skills, demonstrating ability to use initiative and effect change through people in a large matrix organisation.
- Proven experience of motivating others to deliver exceptional performance and long terms results as well as being able to handle multiple deliverables simultaneously whilst maintaining an exceptional level of quality.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills; an ability to communicate with impact, ensuring complex information is articulated in a meaningful way to wide and varied audiences.
- Good understanding of financial statements/models, with experience of analysing data effectively for planning, forecasting and reporting.
- An open, flexible and supportive approach to change and innovation and ability to work and thrive in a fast changing, results driven environment.
- Ability to highlight problems but more importantly offer solutions, and drive through their execution in a collective environment
Closing dates for applications 1st April 2019