The main purpose of the role is to assist in the administration of routine accounting clerical tasks ensuring that data is accurately entered into the Sage computer system, maintaining detailed accurate records and the verification/checking of documents.
- The accurate inputting of data on the sage 200/Job costing computer system to produce detailed financial reports.
- Purchase Order Processing & Purchase Ledger (PO's/POD's & Invoices etc.) and checking and verification of company documents. Checking supplier statements and discussing queries with suppliers.
- Sales Processing invoices, applications, certificates, self-billing & retentions
- Sub-Contractor processing applications & certifications, CIS & retentions. Verification of Sub-Contractors.
- Processing the above in Job Costing & Direct Entry to Sage 200.
- Cash Book processing transactions, reconciling statements, petty cash & credit cards.
- Accurately inputting and recording weekly/monthly time sheets (Job Costing), Fatigue Management, holidays, sickness, PPE and working to month end deadlines.
- Take responsibility for his/her own work and seek ways to continually improve the levels of customer satisfaction, internally and externally.
Ideally a strong understanding of accounting processes used in construction related Companies including Sub-contractors verification and CIS, Sales & Sub-Contract Applications, Certificates & retentions.
Self-confident/Co-operative/Able &willing to get things done attitude. Proactive, team player.
Minimum of 2 years working in Construction related business using and understanding Job Costing systems.
Salary & Benefits
Annual salary of between £18,000 - £20,000 depending on experience
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice