Personal Tax Semi-Senior
An excellent opportunity has arisen with a long-established, leading independent firm, based in Romford, who are seeking a Personal Tax Semi-Senior for their highly experienced tax department. The firm is ideally looking for an ATT qualified or studier who possesses personal tax experience within an accountancy practice.
In this role, you will be dealing with mainly compliance work with the intention of increasing your advisory bias in the future.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Provision of a self-assessment compliance service to include all aspects of personal tax compliance, including partnerships and sole traders
- Employee benefits compliance including preparation of Forms P11D, PAYE coding notices, business expense claims and end of year returns
- Preparing personal tax and capital gains tax returns, ensuring accuracy and completeness of information
- Effectively manage own portfolio, ensuring all deadlines are met
- Liaise effectively and professionally with clients and officers of HMRC on tax compliance issues and enquiries, ensuring that deadlines are met
- Other ad hoc duties as may be required from time to time in order to assist the smooth running of the Tax Department or to provide additional assistance to clients
- Studying for or qualified ATT, although someone with demonstratable experience will also be considered
- An expertise in personal tax including individuals, partnerships, covering income tax, all national insurances, foreign aspects, capital gains, business tax including adjustments and capital allowances
- A good knowledge of employment tax and benefits and expenses including preparation, submission and advising on benefits and expenses and correcting incorrect coding notices
- Ability to communicate well in letters, emails and meetings
- Must be organised in managing work including prioritising your own workload
For more information on this Personal Tax Semi-Senior role, please contact Leon Maulguet at AJ Chambers.