AJ Chambers are currently working with a leading firm, who are seeking an Audit Senior to join their friendly team.
The Audit Senior will manage the audit team and supervise the audit process, to ensure our audits are of high quality.
- Assists in the planning, execution and finalisation of all areas of the audit assignment for manager or partner review, seeking input for areas of concern and judgement.
- Predominant amount of time will be spent off-site at clients’ premises.
- Identifies risk matters and raises with a manager and/or partner, while exercising judgement within agreed parameters.
- Produce work for the Manager and/or Partner review clearly highlighting issues and providing potential solutions to issues identified.
- Identify and understand client needs, suggest potential solutions on technical matters and communicate and agree client needs and potential solutions with managers.
- Active engagement with senior client staff in order to gain a good understanding of their business and ensure the efficient execution of the audit
- Take primary responsibility for monitoring progress against budget, and when the actual differs from the budget then gain a full understanding for the Manager.
- Supervise, coach and develop junior members of staff within teams, on client premises and in the office.
- Ensure compliance with internal (audit methodology and risk management) and external (regulatory) requirements
The Ideal Candidate:
- ACA/ACCA Qualified
- Experience supervising and coaching junior members of staff on site.
- Working knowledge of International Auditing Standards (IAS), IFRS, UK GAAP
- Working knowledge of firm services, issues regarding advice, and regulation and compliance, including anti-money laundering.
If you feel you would be suitable, please apply direct or contact Liam Snell at AJ Chambers.
Audit Senior - Colchester