This company is a leading supplier of Award-Winning Mobile Apps & Services to organisations across the globe. They specialise in high volume, highly reputational services, which are downloaded and used by 100,000's of people. Their core emphasis is on quality and doing "the job right", with thorough professional processes such as Continuous Integration and Automation under Agile project delivery methodologies.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic experienced QA Engineer to join their team in central Newcastle. This is an important role for the company as they have to ensure that they provide outstanding quality products to the thousands of customers who use them. You will have hands on testing experience with mobile native and webapps for both iOS and Android, including integration and acceptance testing.
Skills and Experience:
You will be:
- Proficient in being part of a scrum team, flushing out acceptance criteria along with creating and executing test cases.
- Proficient in logging, prioritising and retesting bugs found
- Proficient in BDD and an understanding of TDD
- Ability to look through log files and diagnose problems.
- Methodological thinking - to formulate sensible testing plans and execute them
- Ability to think outside the box of basic requirements and put yourself in the user's shoes
- Automation testing of mobile Apps or API testing with scripting languages would be an advantage.
- Clear written and communication skills.
- Excellent organisational skills with a 'can do' attitude and desire to learn.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- ISTQB Foundation or above qualified
- Familiar with test managements tools such as Redmine and Jira
- Familiar with tools such as Cucumber, Specflow and Postman for automation
- Understanding of Jmeter or similar for performance & Load Testing
- Working on own or as part of a team
- Be able to coach colleagues in QA best practice
- Online Betting/Gaming experience is an advantage.
What they offer?
They value their colleagues and encourage growth and progression, they will give you the opportunity to make a direct impact on the products they develop. It is a great place to work, with excellent benefits comprising:
- Excellent Holiday allowance
- Quarterly team events
- Performance bonus
- Cycle to work scheme
- Travel Loan scheme
- Contributory Pension
- Supplies of fresh fruits, cereals, biscuits, nibbles etc
- Friday evening beers
- Birthday off
- Relevant training and training budget