Head of Reporting, Planning and Forecasting
A leading Global Financial Institution is seeking to employ a Head of Reporting, Planning and Forecasting based in Birmingham.
Hours 35 per week/permanent.
Competitive salary offered.
The Head of Reporting, Planning and Forecasting will lead business performance reporting and analysis, forecasting and planning to support the UK Commercial Banking business. In addition, the role holder will entail the responsibility for Operational risk in the function which involves line leadership of 2 senior onshore resources, and the primary stakeholder to a large offshore team. They will have a strong strategic emphasis; spanning the full Profit and Loss (P&L) and balance sheet for all product and segment businesses. As key stakeholder within the organisation’s UK finance group, a high level of engagement is required with Operational Accounting, Accounting Policy, Central planning and analysis and reporting systems team to ensure CMB has a strong voice and is represented in discussions.
The Head of Reporting, Planning and Forecasting will be accountable for supporting & challenging the businesses across all levels to drive improved business performance in line with the objectives outlined in the balanced scorecard. They will exercise a challenging ambitious mind-set, determined to see issues/improvements through to resolution regardless of dependencies. Moreover, they will lead finance reporting and drive insight across all levels including monthly reporting at a CMB total and for all product and segments and brief CMB Head of Finance and key business stakeholders (UK business head and management team) around business performance, opportunities and risks.
The Head of Reporting, Planning and Forecasting will facilitate and lead business discussion on Financial performance through strategic analysis and independent guidance, actively contributing to commercial and strategic initiatives. They will drive a strong controllership agenda, with engagement across other finance and functional teams.
The Head of Reporting, Planning and Forecasting will play a key role in articulating strategic narrative of the UK CMB strategic plan and key priorities to the leadership teams to ensure that they are clear on what is required to achieve financial targets. They will be commercially aware and strategic in applying knowledge and understanding of changes in macroeconomic, regulatory and internal environment and relating this to analysis of business performance.
The successful candidate will be a graduate and will have the following attributes:
- Role relevant professional qualifications i.e. CIMA / ACCA.
- Strong background of business partnering and managing high profile stakeholder relationships within complex organisational structures.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills; an ability to communicate with impact, ensuring complex information is articulated in a meaningful way to wide and varied audiences.
- Proven experience of leading the delivery of an excellent customer service and proactively looking for innovative ways to improve the service delivered to customers.
- Committed self-learner with a track record of constantly looking for ways to do things better and an excellent understanding of the mechanism necessary to successfully implement change.
- Built effective networks internally that facilitate effective collaboration with others.
- Relentless curiosity and ability to challenge.
- Open to different ideas and cultures by communicating openly, honestly and transparently, welcoming challenge and learning quickly from mistakes.
- Relevant experience in Banking is essential.
- Relevant knowledge of Finance disciplines (i.e. Financial Accounting; Business Information & Analysis; Financial & Regulatory Reporting; ALCM).
- Experience of using relevant software packages, i.e. Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint, Word, Tm1.
Closing dates for applications 29th March 2019