Product Technologist Bed and Bath
Product Development Technologist Bed and Bath
Attractive Salary and Benefits Package
This is a permanent role and can be based on a 4 or 5 day week
This role has 1 direct report
Our client is one of the UK’s leading high street retailers. The role will be liaising with Design, Buying and Global Sourcing Offices developing product from the initial design concept through to production and delivery.
They are currently looking to recruit an experienced Fabric Technologist reporting to the Head of Technical on a fixed term contract of 9 months.
In this role you will:
Technically develop and specify market leading product.
Manage the delivery of quality, innovation, safety, compliance and ethics for a market leader of quality.
- Be responsible for the product innovation critical path to delivery, working closely with the buying and design teams and supporting the Brand strategy.
- Work collaboratively within the process achieving consistency in all aspects affecting the team / function across the Brand.
- Manage the achievement of performance / testing requirements.
- Develop and manage suppliers to deliver to our standards.
- Manage fabric/raw material approval requirements up bulk fabric test reports and looking at any issues. Managing chemical compliance with the supply base.
- Maintain a knowledge of changes in legislation on fabric.
- Focus on continuous improvement through the ongoing analysis of returns and customer feedback, competitor awareness and industry feedback.
- Deliver clear specifications on design Tech packs to include performance requirements, material specification and quality standards, construction and components
For this Role
- Strong leadership qualities.
- Pro-active and able to work on own initiative.
- Good communication and strong IT skills.
- A confident decision maker with a strong commercial understanding and application.
- Used to working and delivering in a fast-paced environment, accurately and with attention to detail.
- Strong knowledge of safety and legal requirements.
- Experience in managing test reports/ fabric performance.
- Experience in working and communicating with overseas suppliers and global sourcing teams
I have a detailed Job Profile and can have a discussion about the role which is offering a Senior Salary and Benefits package.
Please send CV today and or call Jan Neil on 07722007606