Secondary School Teacher
Apollo Teaching are urgently seeking Secondary Teachers needed for various subject placements, both for daily cover and longer term opportunities in schools based in the Swindon and wider Wiltshire area. The most successful Secondary Teachers will have an excellent knowledge of the National Curriculum and existing experience in Secondary schools.
You will be a dedicated practitioner who is skilled at encouraging children to maximise their potential. A welcoming presence in the classroom and in the school, you will be supportive and helpful to children, parents and staff alike. This is a great opportunity to raise your profile within schools in the territory and secure permanent vacancies if desired.
Apollo Teaching Services are a nationwide company who have 8 offices across England and South Wales. We are able to find daily, long term and permanent placements for our Teaching staff, in a vast number of schools across the Wiltshire area that fits the candidates availability.
We are currently looking for Teachers with a range of experience from KS3-KS5, and will be delighted to employ NQTs and Instructors.
To be considered for this position of Secondary Teacher you must have experience in teaching Secondary education and:
- Be educated to degree level e.g. PGCE or equivalent
- Hold Qualified Teacher status (QTS or QTLS) or be a newly qualified teacher (NQT)
- Have a genuine desire to become part of a committed team of Secondary Teachers
- Have a passion for teaching with the ability to plan and deliver inspiring lessons
- Have great subject knowledge and a passion for delivering lessons of a high calibre.
- Have great classroom management skills with the aptitude to accommodate all levels of learning and ability.
- Able to fit in and adhere to the schools ethos.
- Flexible approach to the timetable as may be required to cover other subject’s areas as and when needed.
The Role of a Secondary qualified Supply Teacher:
- Willing to teach various classes in addition to your specialist subjects.
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment.
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for all student ability ranges.
- Have a passion for teaching with the ability to cater to students of all abilities.
- Maintain discipline.
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development.
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area.
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum.
- Communicate effectively and appropriately with staff, pupils and parents and to manage effectively the learning and teaching of individual pupils, groups and classes.
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
Having been awarded the gold standard REC Audited education status and being a Crown Commercial Service approved supplier of education staff nationwide Apollo Teaching Services are one of the agencies across the UK who have been recognised for operating the very best practice in education recruitment. Apollo Teaching Services offer help with your overall development by providing feedback from our head teachers.
The Apollo App allows Schools to book you directly and update your availability or accept a vacancy at the touch of a button! There is no better time to be joining Apollo Teaching Services. Get in touch today and broaden your opportunities of securing advanced work and possible long term positions.
Please contact Apollo Teaching Services by forwarding your CV to the email provided and a member of our team will be in touch!
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary, Contract
Job Type: Temporary
Salary: £100.00 to £150.00 /day