Head of Finance
Robert Half are partnering a large and growing engineering/construction business based near Warrington to recruit for a Head of Finance to join their high-performing finance function.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a strong, ambitious senior finance leader to take on a challenging role which will offer further progression and development opportunities as the business continues to grow.
The business are a large and well-recognised brand who are an industry leader within the engineering and construction sector. After extremely strong growth and a very successful restructure, the business are now recruiting for an experienced Head of Finance to look after one of their largest business units to be based out of their Warrington site.
This position reports directly into the Finance Director, and you will have supervisory responsibilities for a small/medium sized team. In addition to leading a team, you will be providing commercial and financial support to the Managing Director as well as the wider business teams. Key responsibilities include:
- Ensure that regional finance and accounting requirements are accurately and efficiently carried out in accordance with recognised accounting standards, Group requirements and within set deadlines
- Ensure the key assumptions, risks and opportunities under-pinning business financial performance/project performance are robustly challenged, clearly understood and managed
- Ensure budgets, forecasts and long-term strategic plans reflect the ambition and aims of the business are challenging but achievable, regularly reviewed and updated
- Key focus on cash management including management of working capital
- Ensure routine processes are embedded across the business to ensure risk is highlighted and managed - eg limits of authority, contract review process
- Ensure transaction process is efficient, processes streamlined and waste minimal
- Sounding board for the MD and wider team and attendance at board meetings
- Support the Divisional Finance Director in the day to day company finance function ensuring statutory, tax and corporate compliance
- Management of the area finance team
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice