Reports to: Saur Glasgow Director
Hours of work: 37 hours per week (must be available to work additional hours as required and a standby Call – Out rota)
Salary Range: £35,000 - £40,000 per annum
Summary of Position:
You will provide finance visibility and reliability to Saur service Glasgow, subsidiary of SAUR, who oversees the operation of the wastewater treatment plant of Dalmuir. Reporting to the General Manager, you will bring your skills to the financial monitoring of the project (Circa £10m of Annual turnover). This will be achieved in collaboration with the Operations, Maintenance, and process managers. Swift coordination with Saur Glasgow’s accountant will be key.
- Final control and visa of all purchase orders and contractors’ contracts prior to final visa of the plant Director (control align with SSG procedures, budget and treasury availability)
- Responsible with the Office manager of the administrative/accounting/ financial archives on site
- Responsible to create or update accounting and administrative procedures.
Accounting and financial control:
- Control and support the accounting company in charge of all accounting entries, financial closing and payroll
- Support and coordinate with Saur Head office the monthly, quarterly and yearly closing process
- Ensure that all financial transactions are properly recorded, filed, and reported and check appropriate allocation to Capex or Opex accounting nature
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions
- Responsible of the financial reporting, including treasury forecast, to Saur Head office on the required timely basis (Monthly, Quaterly and Yearly) according to head office requirements with:
- full explanatory analysis in case of discrepancies between Budget and actual
- alert in case of budget drifts.
- Ensure that the invoicing to the client is compliant with the contract and all its amendments
- Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements
- Coordinate with Saur Head office and carry out any budget update, year-end forecast and up to 5 years budget plan with variation analysis
- Manage cash flow by tracking transactions and regularly reviewing internal reports
- Coordination and support with auditors and tax or finance public authority
Bachelor's degree or master's degree in accounting, business, economics, finance, or a related field
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Working experience in a similar role or position with combined accounting and finance experiences
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Excellent accounting/finance software user (mainly Excel) and administration skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to meet required deadlines
- French intermediate
- Experience & knowledge of heavy Industry is preferred.
Note: This job description is not exhaustive and will be subject to periodic review. It may be amended to meet the changing needs of the business. The post-holder will be expected to participate in this process and we would aim to reach agreement on any changes.