Salary: circa £40k plus 15% shift allowance (£46k)
Hours: 38 hours pw (afternoon shift) Monday-Thursday 3.15pm-11.30pm and Friday 2.15pm-8.15pm
Are you looking for the opportunity to work for a world leading Aerospace Company?
Are you a confident, enthusiastic and resilient Manager who is looking for the opportunity to lead a large manufacturing team?
Do you have significant experience of implementing Continuous Improvement projects?
Our Client design and manufacture lightweight low pressure air distribution ducting systems for the world’s leading aircraft manufacturers. As the aerospace market continues to grow we have been successful in securing a number of exciting new programmes and our production team needs additional support to meet the demand.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for Factory Manager to join a busy Production Team. The purpose of the role is to manage production activities our Adlington site whilst supporting and contributing to the delivery of the business strategy and objectives. This role will report to the Manufacturing and CI Manager.
Key accountabilities for the Factory Manager include:
- Work in conjunction with the Manufacturing and CI Manager and the Supply Chain Manager to interpret customer demand/forecasting ensuring materials and labour are available to support this demand in a timely manner.
- To promote and actively engage the workforce in Continuous Improvement activities.
- Ensure that facilities, plant and equipment are safely maintained and capable of supporting business demands.
- Work in conjunction with the Manufacturing and CI Manager and Supply Chain Manager regarding interpreting customer forecasts and inventory management.
- Act as a role model for leadership behaviours.
- Review and create SOPs and Risk Assessments in accordance with leader standard work principles.
- Create and review Personal Development Plans (PDPs) for all direct reports and ensure the process is complete at all levels.
What about you?
As a Factory Manager, you will have:
- Previous responsibility for people management of large teams (circa 100) in a Production environment and individual team development;
- Experience of delivering Continuous Improvement projects within an engineering/manufacturing environment; demonstrable experience of 5s and running Kiazen improvement projects;
- Experience of leading Tier 2 meetings;
- Experience of working in a highly regulated environment;
- Good problem solving skills with the ability to work as part of a team and individually with minimal supervision;
- Ability to work under pressure, meet tight deadlines and act decisively;
- Numerate, analytical and articulate (written and verbal);
- Strong IT skills, particularly ERP systems and MS Excel & PowerPoint;
- Project Management skills (NPI, new materials, suppliers, Kaizen);
- Experience of IS09001, IS09100 and Quality Management techniques;
- Experience of IS014001 and OHSAS18001 would be an advantage;
- The ability to communicate at all levels and be able to apply reason and persuasion to develop relationships for the benefit of shared information;
To find out more please log on to mpcg co uk and follow the link for - Search Client Jobs/General
How do you apply?
By selecting the 'apply button’
In the event of there being a high number of applications, MPCG reserve the right to close the advert impromptu. It is recommended therefore that you submit your CV as soon as possible.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of: Shift Manager, Value Stream Manager, Production Manager, Production team Leader, Manufacturing Supervisor and Manufacturing Manager, Continuous Improvement Facilitator, Continuous Improvement Manager will be considered for this role.