£43,000 - £50,000
White Label Recruitment are working on behalf of a privately owned, family run, profitable precision engineering business who offer a wide range of manufacturing services including machining, heat treatment and assembly supplying in to various industry sectors including oil & gas, automotive, rail, mining, renewables, aerospace. This is a well-established engineering business who have built a fantastic reputation in industry for over 45 Years!
Based in the Manchester area this is a company who can offer a fantastic career as Quality Manager along with job security and longevity!
Job Role Overview
As Quality Manager you will report directly to the Quality and Technical Director. You will be responsible for 4 direct reports within the quality department.
The position is responsible for managing the Company's quality assurance function and the running of the trading warehouse ensuring all imported products are inspected, tested and despatched on-time to customers. The industry is fast paced, knowledge must be applied in a commercial way to achieve KIP's and improve business performance by the following:
- Be responsible for the maintenance and development of the quality system which is based on the requirements of ISO 9001: 2015. This includes being responsible for promoting, maintaining and developing quality practises and systems.
- Be the main source of contact for customer's non-conformance. Visit customers and suppliers to address quality issues. This may involve accompanying the sales and operational teams and providing quality support.
- Hosting of customer and 3rd party audits and organising the completion of planned internal audits.
- Ensure systems are in place to manage approved suppliers. Arrange supplier audits to assess quality standards and close out of non-conformances. This includes foreign travel.
- Attend and support APQP/ sample production process. Respond to quality enquires and co-ordinate assessment of measurement requirements, gauges and inspection fixtures.
- Oversee inspection of first off samples, ensuring approvals is received from the customer and given to the supplier.
- Be responsible for producing 8D reports, FMEA's, control plans, PPAP's and full traceability certification to meet customer requirements.
- Manage the calibration program for all measurement equipment.
- Plan and manage departmental budgets to agreed levels. Ensure equipment, manning and resources are sufficient to meet forecasted demand and any rework activities. Establish and manage Capex projects to meet the longer term needs of the business.
- Organise the timely inspection and necessary rework of incoming and returned goods.
- Organise the timely despatch including transport of goods to customers.
- Update trading route cards and supplier inspection plans so they represent the current method of inspection and manufacture. Ensure Company’s computer systems are efficient and effective to support capture, processing and reporting of required information.
- Report on all Key KPI's for the quality and trading - E, H&S, Quality, Delivery, Budgets, Lead-times and Projects (cost and timescales). Update senior management team on effectiveness of the quality management system.
Essential Experience Required
- Quality management experience within a mechanical engineering environment with the ability to read engineering drawings
- Metallurgy, castings experience would be preferred
- Inspection and machining experience
- Team leader/supervisory experience
- 8D Problem solving experience
- Internal & external auditing experience
- Understand lean manufacturing principles and demonstrate continuous improvement activity
Salary Package & Working Hours
Along with a salary of £43,000-£50,000 this opportunity comes with an employer pension contribution, 22 days holiday plus 8 statutory bank holidays with a further 1 day after every three years of service to a maximum of 28, company bonus scheme, childcare voucher scheme and a 1pm finish on a Friday!
Hours of Work:8 am - 4.45 pm Mon Thurs, 8 am - 1 pm Friday
If you would like to be considered for this excellent opportunity please apply with an up to date copy of your CV.