Product Director - Equiniti Global Payments
We are looking for an experienced Product Director with strong experience and expertise within the Payments/FX markets, to play a key role in supporting the execution of the Equiniti Global Payments growth strategy. You will have a strong payments background, solid product development experience and previous experience in lead roles with presales.
You will ensure our Payment product 'PayFac’ delivers an excellent customer experience and is benchmarked against the competitive market. You will use a range of well-established and proven techniques to ensure this and to continuously develop the product management and user experience, bringing considerable value and expertise to the role.
In addition to product design and development, you will lead our presales capability and support the sales cycle including input to solution definition, proposition development and support ITT, RFI & RFP.Department Information
Equiniti Global Payments provides UK businesses with access to one of the largest global payment networks, expert intelligence and processing of a wide range overseas payment types, and access to more local clearing systems than any other UK provider. Our flexible international business solution is supported by leading payment technology, providing customers with secure, cost-effective, and efficient end-to-end processing with a trusted provider. The handpicked team work within highly secure and regulated environments, taking pride in providing a secure, high-quality, end-to-end service to all our clients on a day to day basis.Core Duties/Responsibilities
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- To develop, own and deliver a product & presales strategy including roadmaps to support the overarching technology and business strategy for Equiniti Global Payments.
- Identify product enhancements and drive innovation that support further business growth, operational efficiencies or significantly reduce costs.
- Ensure that our product set is innovative and fit for purpose and to drive thought leadership including presenting at conferences and market events.
- Facilitate user centered research, customer experience analysis and UX improvement programs.
- Provide insight, analysis and recommendations that ensure our products remain competitive within the market.
- Establish strong relationships with the business leads and keep all stakeholders within the business and direct customers updated on the release road map and feature/function development.
- Ensure all areas of our products are multi-tenanted and can be configured and adapted to regional or domain specific needs.
- Be the point of contact for presales and to work with Group Solutions where applicable.
- Work with the Technology Director and business leads to develop & refine commercial propositions for products and services.
- Lead key strategic partnership implementations in delivery of the EQ Global payment solutions.
- Support the sales team with bids (ITT, RFI, RFP) and other significant sales opportunities.
- Support the continual update of all product marketing, sales collateral and agreed product communication.
- Work comfortably at the senior management level and c-level and collaborate within existing governance and steering group structures.
- Lead and oversee any regulatory changes and requirements affecting the EQ Global product delivery.
- Developing a detailed understanding of the EQ Global product range, the payment solution 'PayFac’, the payment and foreign exchange challenges facing our clients.
- Lead the engagement with our banking partners to support the enhancement of the product range and ensure successful implementations.
- Demonstrable experience of product development, strategy and leading product teams.
- Must have technical understanding of MS and Java stack including experience of running product development teams.
- Experience as a presales technology lead, supporting solution and proposition development and input to ITT, RFI and RFP including client presentations and leading workshops.
- End to end project experience with strong consulting, influencing and presentation skills.
- A broad technical background and a leader who can drive a lean and agile approach to product development. Delivering business value by developing MVPs and iterative product improvements.
- Be able to combine technical elements with business needs and business requirements of clients.
- Understand the impact of technology on business challenges, processes and efficiency.
- Have knowledge and/or experience in the payments and cash management, foreign exchange or global payroll solution sectors would be desirable.
- A working knowledge of development processes (e.g. RAD, Agile, RUP), including testing approaches and methods.
- Knowledge and practical experience of user and human centered processes and experience of HCI standards.
- A track record in working effectively in virtual teams to deliver success.
- Clear examples of delivering business value iteratively, reducing inefficiencies, improving user and customer experience and providing maximum return on investment.
- Strong understanding of industry trends (i.e. mobile, big data, IoT etc.).
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
Please note any offer of employment is subject to satisfactory pre-employment screening checks. These consist of 5 year activity & GAP verification, DBS or Access NI, Credit and Sanctions checks.