Office Based Business Development Executive
Basic up to £25k plus excellent bonus potential paid quarterly.
Our client are looking for an energetic candidate with a proactive and positive approach to join their Sales Executive team. The main objectives of this position are:
- to provide insurance quotations and make sales.
- develop relationships with agents and help grow their new business portfolios.
The role is predominately telephone based involving both inbound and outbound calls with agents or clients direct. You will be required to provide quotation and close sales on a wide range of general insurance products (including small commercial, household, buy to let, motor, medium/ high net worth, accident/sickness/unemployment, and property portfolios).
In addition, you will have responsibility for developing relationships with a number of agents where you will be required to increase their new business portfolio.
You will need to have a minimum of two year’s general insurance experience, have a proven track record of making sales in this sector, be enthusiastic, methodical, organised, show initiative, work to deadlines and be part of the team.
Reporting to the Sales Director and working within the growing Sales Executive team your responsibilities will include:
- Providing general insurance quotations and closing sales.
- Mentoring, training and developing team members and colleagues in respect of the commercial products and services.
- Ensure clients records on the relevant systems are up to date and accurately reflect the data you have captured during the sales process.
- Proactively contacting agents that are assigned to you, develop a relationship and increase their new business portfolio with us.
- Handle account management queries from smaller agents.
- Potentially representing the company on the occasional client visit.
- All other duties required by Sales Director or the Senior BDM.
Energetic person with a positive and proactive attitude
2 years’ general insurance (particularly commercial ) experience.
Minimum of 5 GCSE’sincludingMaths & English.
Proven track record of making general insurance sales.
Ability to interact with people &, develop relationships
Inbound/Outbound telephony experience
Open GI user experience
CRM user experience
Good Excel/Outlook & Word skills