Computing Teacher needed for reputable school in Ashford
I am working very closely with a school who is part of large diocese of catholic schools within Ashford and we are currently seeking an experienced teacher to join their computing department as soon as possible.. The successful candidate should be an authoritative individual, as they will be teaching both KS3 and KS4 classes, therefore a strong approach to behaviour management will be useful.
The successful candidate must have specialist knowledge of the subject, as they will be expected to raise pupils' achievements and motivate them to maintain their success throughout exam season. Rated 'good' by Ofsted, the school have a reputation for consistently equipping a high percentage of pupils with the necessary support to attain grades ranging A*-C.
The leadership at the school do promote the catholic denomination, but don't expect staff to participate in religious activities if they choose not to. Staff are friendly and inclusive resulting in a positive working environment that benefits both teachers and students.
- The role commences in April but will allow more time for vetting the right candidate
- Producing schemes of learning based on the GCSE and A-Level Computing curriculum, ensuring that students' needs are acknowledged in the delivery of the lesson
- Marking class work with consideration towards exam board specifications, producing a plan to ensure the progression of students, particularly those who need extra support
- Excellent rates of pay (£120-£180 per day)
- Opportunity to gain a fixed-term contract (upon the school's request)
- Adapting to the individual needs of pupils and providing the necessary assistance based on a plan-of-action
When working at this school Teaching Personnel, the successful applicant will benefit from the following:
- Opportunities to gain a vast range of vital skills to develop your CV - which is especially useful to NQTs and recent graduates
- Working with the market leader in education recruitment, with exclusive access to the Catholic Schools Recruitment Partnership
- Access to CPD training through Teaching Personnel's CPD Academy
- Opportunities to continue to work regularly-based on your location, circumstances and requirements.
- Applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see faqs for details.Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.
- All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay.
If you are interested in being considered for this role, or to find out about any other opportunities we may have please get in touch with Michael on or via email at
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see faqs for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.