My client based just outside of Salibsbury are looking for a purchasing assistant to join their team.
HOURS: Monday - Thursday 08:00hrs - 17:00hrs
Friday 08:00hrs - 16:30hrs
REPORTING TO: HR / H&S / Office Manager
This leading manufacturer are looking for an additional member to join their highly successful and growing team.
They take great pride in their work as well as the people and the working environment they offer.
• Family run business
• Projects nationwide
As a Purchasing Administrator, you will be involved in the following:
• being responsible for ensuring a high level of service by processing online orders
• placing purchase orders with suppliers
• liaising with suppliers to ensure orders are arriving on time and in full
• All PO’s are correctly allocated to the specific area and job
• proactively communicating any delays to Our internal teams at the earliest opportunities
• raising and resolving issues with delivery discrepancies
• communicating effectively with the Goods In department and other departments across the business
• raising carrier claims as a result of damaged or lost items
• Ensure Sites are aware of all outstanding items and then estimated delivery dates
• Provide assistance to Accounts with queries where necessary
• supporting other departments such as Sales, Customer Services and the Warehouse with ad hoc administrative tasks as required
You will need some or all of the following skills and experience:
• outstanding organisation skills
• excellent attention to detail
• a confident and assertive telephone manner
• intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel skills
• the ability to learn and utilise a variety of different IT systems
• the ability to meet tight deadlines and succeed with the completion of tasks when under pressure
Please apply within, or for more information, contact Joe Griffin in the Basingstoke office.