Small Works Manager
Working for a market leader in the installation and maintenance of fire and security systems, an opportunity has become available for a Small Works Manager. Leading a team of 5 Engineers, you will report directly to the Operations Director. While this is a predominantly office based role, there will be occasional field based support and travel to sites as required.
- Managing the Small Work team to keep engineering operational costs to a minimum and within budget
- Identifying additional areas for profitable delivery
- Supporting the business in retention of service renewals and the generation of new business, through reviewing and improving existing service practices
- Coaching and mentoring the Engineers, providing advice and guidance
- Holding regular team meetings to include process, resource and site reviews, with gap analysis, and business improvement recommendations
- Conducting vehicle, equipment & process audits to inspect and document engineers' van stock and equipment
- Carrying out checks to ensure that engineers are treating products, equipment and their personal safety in line with company policies
- Following up all client escalations relating to service engineering issues and quality of delivery as and when required
- Ensuring Engineers are fully trained and compliant, ensuring that engineers have the right tools for the job
- FIA 1 – 5 qualifications would be beneficial
- Experience of installation and commissioning of Fire systems
- Experience of systems such as Morley, Gent, Kentec, Advanced and Apollo
- Knowledge of CCTV and Intruder systems would be a bonus
- Demonstrable experience in a Service led management role
- Strong organisational skills; able to prioritise workloads, including the ability to multi-task effectively.
- Self-motivated with good analytical skills.
- Experience of managing teams in high pressure, customer facing, flexible environments, with the ability to maintain morale in demanding situations
- Proven people management skills, able to coach, lead and motivate the team
- £40,000 - £45,000 + bonus + car + benefits
- North Birmingham