REESON Education are currently working with a specialist school based within the London Borough of Bexley, of which are looking for a highly motivated and dynamic Progress Coach. A Progress Coach consists of working with young people to help them make positive choices around their own education. This is done by working very closely with them in supporting their learning and overcoming barriers, addressing behaviour and encouraging pupils to develop greater independence.
A lot of these students are coming from a very challenging background where the support at home may not be present, therefore a strong role model that helps them self-evaluate and assess before making decisions is required. The successful candidate would be expected to promote education through positive messages relating to reintegration and transition, helping them with coping strategies and increased resilience to emotionally challenging situations.
As a Progress Coach, you are responsible to monitor the progression throughout the year of a caseload of students and report back to class teachers and the senior leadership team. Positive reinforcement is key, the promotion of further education and the benefits of a drive to succeed are all desired approaches.
- Degree Level/Level 4 Qualification (Essential for KS4, desirable for KS1-3)
- Minimum of Level 3 (NVQ) is essential
- Experience working with social, emotional and mental health (SEMH) needs
- Unfazed by challenging behaviours
- Proven track record and understanding of approaches and strategies
- Team Teach certificate highly desirable (training will be offered)