Business Development Manager - Live Events
New Business Development Manager, Live Events
Salary: £50k + Commission
"Your only limit is your mind".
Are you a talented events sales person, or business development manager with experience with the events and communications sector?
A creative and exciting multi-disciplinary live events agency with experienced engineers for live events and producers of intelligent creative content.
Working with a team of innovators and ideators with inspiring ideas which spark conversation and act as a springboard for newer, bolder and even more confident experience solutions.
Led by an inspirational team of leaders whobringing energy and innovation to event production, animation, video production, content creation and digital design.
A change to join an agency firmly in the momentum phase as a new business manage to develop an activate a new business plan and pipeline to manage and maintain relationships with clients, and develop new event business?
By connecting, communicating though to engagement and close of business, you will be expected to manage and maintain the relationship throughout the lifespan of the client.
A full-time role with the purpose of developing new business opportunities by mapping the market to identify who to target, where they are based, what are the needs and develop the company’s client relationship management system.
This will assist you in achieving and exceeding target. New business opportunities will be generated by means of event research, face to face event prospecting, telephone calls to targeted industry sectors to enhance the development of the business pipeline. Due to the nature of the role, the requirement to travel overseas, work additional hours when authorised to necessitate the needs of the business.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities of the new Business Development Manager:
- Create a business development plan
- Review and map the market
- Connect with agreed relevant contacts
- Communicate credentials and develop dialogue
- Generate new business event sales revenue to an agreed annual target business from qualified, self-generated
- Build and develop new contacts, pipeline opportunities within the company CRM
- Keep in regular meaningful dialogue with key client contacts and prospects
- Develop agreed marketing credentials, social media and marketing plans
- Diarise new business calls and follow up in line with the company’s show prospect/forecast
- Attend pre-arrange meetings for specific networking events and show walking in line with the company’s industry sector
- Produce and distribute reports after each event prospecting visit and record entries of new contacts within the company’s CRM database.
- Monitor and report weekly on activities and provide relevant information based on pipeline and existing business status to leadership team.
- Communicate, liaise, and negotiate internally and externally using appropriate methods to facilitate the development of profitable business and sustainable
- Attend weekly Team meetings and report activity.
- Continued self-development within the role.
- Event sales experience ideally within an agency background
- Excellent communications both written and verbal to Management level
- Consultative approach to a complex sale and first-class presentation skills.
- Highly polished and presentable
- Numerical skills and Literacy skills
- Organisational and planning skills
- Influence and Negotiation skills
- Knowledge of all Microsoft products, Word, Excel, Power point, Outlook and database
- Good understanding of social media, networking and marketing skills.
- Developing a consistent and persistent engagement voice through the necessary channels.
- A strong personal and professional brand.
- Understanding of marketing desirable but not essential.
- Self-motivated and desire to succeed
- Understand and adopt safe working practise
- Adhere to all company policies, guidelines in line with the employee and health and safety handbook
- Smart, engaging and professional business-like image at all times
- Honest, ethical with high performance standards with a 'hands on’ attitude/approach
- To be proactive in all aspects of the job role
- Helpful, pleasant, positive, can do attitude and optimistic
- Minimal supervision and self-start attitude and capability
- Results driven
- Team player and communicator.
This role would also suit:
Sales Manager, Sales Co-ordinator, Business Co-ordinator, Sales Director, Director of Business Development, Business Development Director,